PDA

View Full Version : todays project (new air conditioner!)

PA DETAILER
06-11-2011, 05:55 AM
:xyxthumbs: better half and i are getting tired of the heat. got a new portable 11,500 BTU unit off one of the shopping networks. came yesterday. the room in question is where i am at now, and where we spend the most time. its nothing to hit 88-90 in here on a warm day! ceiling fans are just not cutting it. install should be nothing. just running the exhaust out the window with the included kit. was going to detail this morning, but calling for storms today? looks nice out to me. i will do it sunday. but now looking at the grass it looks like that is going to need a cut! always something to do here.....

dad07
06-11-2011, 06:22 AM
you can come help me!
todays list

pick beans,snap and can
weed the garden
till up 4 rows and replant
mow the yard(I have 3 acres)
clean swimming pool
go get groceries
clean my company truck

the wife is away for a few days this is all on me :(

I think I'll say the hell with all of it , get a lounge chair and cooler full of beer and call it a day :D

PA DETAILER
06-11-2011, 06:30 AM
I think I'll say the hell with all of it , get a lounge chair and cooler full of beer and call it a day

i'll join ya!!

dad07
06-11-2011, 06:35 AM
I think I'll say the hell with all of it , get a lounge chair and cooler full of beer and call it a day

i'll join ya!!

come on down! I got extra chairs and I'll get the BIG cooler out!

PA DETAILER
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
:dblthumb2: great investment! works great. well grass is cut. interior of my truck is done along with a engine detail. figure i would wait till sunday to wash it since they are calling for storms. this evening will be corona with lime slices. :xyxthumbs: got a bad calling for it around thursday, so picked up a six pack and the lime.

Old Tiger
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I bought a 12K BTU portable HVAC at Sams for $280. I use it to cool my 450 sqft garage. I turn it on when I wake up and a couple hours later it is comfortable enough to play. Kept it about 80 deg last Sunday when it was mid 90s outside. It exceeds my expectations.

maximus20895
06-11-2011, 05:14 PM
That's something that I really need! Where do you put the exhaust hose? I don't have a window or anything to put it out of. I have an external door, but I don't know if I want to keep that door open all the time?

PA DETAILER
06-11-2011, 05:38 PM
That's something that I really need! Where do you put the exhaust hose? I don't have a window or anything to put it out of. I have an external door, but I don't know if I want to keep that door open all the time?

i do believe you need a window? the "kit" they supplied for the window exhaust was perfect.