PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Garry Dean
06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Do you wear t-shirts while you detail or polo shirts with a collar?

I wear Old Navy Rec Tech t-shirts. I cant wear polo shirts to work in.

What do you wear?

Jhaight11
06-10-2011, 08:12 PM
hollister

Dubbin1
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Birthday suit :D

Garry Dean
06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
It would be really cool to get some serious answers... Please

MDetail
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I wear everything comfortable. Top is just a old t-shirt I don't mind messing up at all. Bottoms are either sweats or basketball shorts. Not only are they comfortable but they have no buttons/zippers.

Dubbin1
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
It would be really cool to get some serious answers... Please

Just curious why you want to know what people wear, seems a little off the wall.

maximus20895
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Athletic shorts and a t shirt if any shirt at all. Nothing with buttons or metal anything.

James K
06-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Just curious why you want to know what people wear, seems a little off the wall.

My guess is to find out what is considered the norm for businesses. For instance, Polo's may look more professional, but are they as comfortable as a t shirt? Is a t shirt professional enough?

That would be my guess.

I wear t shirts and cargo or basket ball shorts. I do everything at my home so I am not really concerned with it. When I actually start everything and get my business up and going I will get polo style shirts made for work if I am mobile.

Garry Dean
06-10-2011, 08:26 PM
My guess is to find out what is considered the norm for businesses. For instance, Polo's may look more professional, but are they as comfortable as a t shirt? Is a t shirt professional enough?

That would be my guess.

I wear t shirts and cargo or basket ball shorts. I do everything at my home so I am not really concerned with it. When I actually start everything and get my business up and going I will get polo style shirts made for work if I am mobile.

BINGO!

James, you always have the best, most informative, professional responses. I really appreciate that bro.

I dont think t-shirts are unprofessional at all. I think they are more comfy, by far, than polos. The collar just makes me sweat more.

MDetail
06-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Since James' answer was correct, ill just throw some input out there.

At my day job (ATC) we used to be required to wear "business casual attire." Starting about 1.5 years ago with our new contract all that is required is "neat and clean." I think some people in the building take it a little far on both ends ie: some go beyond the biz cas, and some wear hat and flip flops.

Personally in most lines of work, I want the person "working" to be working comfortably. I don't think that the business casual attire affected me that much when we had the dress code, but now that we can wear more comfortable clothes, I think it just makes everything that much easier. When you are in comfortable clothes I think decisions, and concentration is much more easily attained, and I would rather them focus on things of that nature.

Now after all of that mumbling I have worn some comfortable polos before. Check out target, the polos they have are made out of that "soft style cotton." I don't know the real name for the fabric, after all I am a guy.

Garry Dean
06-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Since James' answer was correct, ill just throw some input out there. At my day job (ATC) we used to be required to wear "business casual attire." Starting about 1.5 years ago with our new contract all that is required is "neat and clean." I think some people in the building take it a little far on both ends ie: some still keep up the biz cas, and some wear hat and flip flops. Personally in most lines of work, I want the person "working" to be working comfortably. I don't think that the business casual attire affected me that much when we had the dress code, but now that we can wear more comfortable clothes, I think it just makes everything that much easier. Now after all of that mumbling I have worn some comfortable polos before. Check out target, the polos they have are made out of that "soft style cotton." I don't know the real name for the fabric, after all I am a guy.

Thanks for your response, but I am not interested in wearing polos for detailing. I am very comfortable with my t-shirts and feel that they are professional for the line of work Im in. I am just interested in what everyone else wears.

LuxuryMobile
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Always wear all black. Dry fit shirts or dry fit polo with black shorts.

No real reason for the all black, just what I do. Takes any guess work out of picking something out.

Porsche Pilot
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I too wear a polo with my company logo. Shorts and my Oakley car wash shoes finish the outfit. I am a strong believer that appearance makes a difference. When I first meet a client or pull up to their residence, my truck is spotless and so am I. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

Now, once I know the client, I will ditch the polo and move into a moisture wicking t-shirt for subsequent details. If I am working on a car in my own shop then it's all out the window. My dogs (my supervisors) could care less what I look like.

SATracker
06-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I wear black sweat or shorts (no button, no metal, no nothing) and a black short sleeve cotton shirt (no buttons, no metal, no nothing). If I lean against the car or truck only very soft material will be touching paint. I wear socks and sandals. If I need to step out of sandals, I have soft socks to touch the vehicle. My garage floor is exceptionally clean so nothing is tracked in or on the car.

LuxuryMobile
06-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I am a strong believer that appearance makes a difference. When I first meet a client or pull up to their residence, my truck is spotless and so am I. You only get one chance to make a good first impression.

:iagree:

Right or wrong, it is what it is. Appearance has a TON to do with your client's initial impression of you.