PDA

View Full Version : Poor Shmitty

Pages : [1] 2 3

Excessive Detail
01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Well somehow I managed to ruin both of my shmitts in one day. Well actually one is okay its color is just a litttle off, wasn't sure what I was thinking, but don't wash brand new mfs with anything else, they tend to bleed the first few washes. Here is the pick of the aftermath, by the way I got those mf form target, they were like 12 mfs under twenty, they are a 80/20 blend, I was very surprised with the quality, its actually a very good mf, still I only use them for the the dirty work, only cobra mf touch my paint.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010004.jpg

And here is the second one, which is the worst and not usable anymore. I washed it for the first time and this is what happened. I don't know if it was my fault or just a lemon. If any ag staff reads this, is there anything that could be done, if not thats okay, like I said I'm not sure it was my fault or not, just seeing. I want to stress that I'm not acusing or trying to get over on anyone, just curious. Heres the damage.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010006.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/ExcessiveDetail/P1010005.jpg

AG Rocks!

abrcrombe
01-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear about that!! That totally sucks, and I hope it gets resolved.

Kelso
01-14-2007, 11:02 PM
as far as i know, you cant machine wash these...just rinse them out

Excessive Detail
01-14-2007, 11:04 PM

Oh, I thoght they could be, I could have sworn justin saying he washes his all the time.

Kelso
01-14-2007, 11:09 PM
i could be wrong, but i have always just rinsed mine out with tap water after im done with it, then squeeze out the excess water and leave it in my wash bucket until the next wash

FloridaNative
01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I would talk to Aaron at Edge and explain to him exactly how it was washed and find out if you are culpable or if the product was defective. Aaron is a great guy and stands behind all of his products. If the product was faulty he will make it right. :) 1-800-315-EDGE (3343)

trl2112
01-14-2007, 11:18 PM
i could be wrong, but i have always just rinsed mine out with tap water after im done with it, then squeeze out the excess water and leave it in my wash bucket until the next wash

That's about what I do also.

abrcrombe
01-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I have put mine in the washer/dryer and it never separated. I also rinse them out after each wash. What setting did you use in the washer? I always use LOW power, spinning or whatever it is... I use the least aggressive one.

Surfer
01-14-2007, 11:28 PM
i could be wrong, but i have always just rinsed mine out with tap water after im done with it, then squeeze out the excess water and leave it in my wash bucket until the next washYeh I just rinse mine in a clean bucket and spray with the hose, I don't think your supposed to wash them?

I have those Vroom micros from Target as well, they are nice. I actually just used them to buff off my truck today b/c my boutiques are in the wash. I have about 25 of those orange Vrooms, I like them. Not worried about paint when I have to use them. I've had some about a year now, they still pass the cd test:awesome:, think I paid like 10 bucks for a 12 pack, can't beat that and those cheap costco/sams type micros aren't near these in quality.

William's_Detail
01-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I have put mine in the washer/dryer and it never separated. I also rinse them out after each wash. What setting did you use in the washer? I always use LOW power, spinning or whatever it is... I use the least aggressive one.

Me too. No problems yet.
Wm.

Sergie
01-14-2007, 11:57 PM
I am huge fan of my Shmitts! I just rinse off with a hose and let it air dry. I am very satisified after around 15 washes. I do use the "scrape method" in my rinse bucket. I scrape off the grit so that the waste water runs outside of the bucket. I now average about 2 pieces of grit in my rinse bucket and zero in my wash bucket. So therefore, I know my mitt is clear and no need to throw in the washer.

abrcrombe
01-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Can you explain that scrape method a little more? I don't get what you scrape it against, and where you scrape it in? Thanks.

supercharged
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I never did wash my Shmitt in a washer and never will. I don't want to take the risk that it might separate, although it should be just fine on gentliest setting.

Yeh I just rinse mine in a clean bucket and spray with the hose, I don't think your supposed to wash them?

I have those Vroom micros from Target as well, they are nice. I actually just used them to buff off my truck today b/c my boutiques are in the wash. I have about 25 of those orange Vrooms, I like them. Not worried about paint when I have to use them. I've had some about a year now, they still pass the cd test:awesome:, think I paid like 10 bucks for a 12 pack, can't beat that and those cheap costco/sams type micros aren't near these in quality.

That's what I do, just use a hose to rinse it.
And speaking of microfibers,I am very happy with Cobra MFs, probably will not even buy any other brand. After a few washes all other brands fail.

Cobra is the real Pinnacle microfiber.

ltoman
01-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I do it ALL the time, on super delicate. It is fine! I must have used it a good 25 times, easy.

Sergie
01-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Can you explain that scrape method a little more? I don't get what you scrape it against, and where you scrape it in? Thanks.

Read about the scrape method here and a very good review on the Shmitt here:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17674&highlight=shmitt

There a very good pictures here that show the scrape method. It's much easier and more effective than scraping across the grit guard.