PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity just Killed me!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

CrownKote
06-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Ok so I had a customer call and ask me what the most expensive wax I carry for Concourse detailing is... He didn't care about the price of the detail but what the price of the wax as a LSP I used... I told him I have a few High end waxes like DODO Supernatural, and Pinnical Soveran (sp?) he said it wasn't expensive enough for his car... and hung up... Whatever...

After that call I decided to Google "the most expensive wax" and got this: 'World's Rarest and Most Expensive' car wax (http://www.gizmag.com/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax/16320/)
Brough and Howarth... Dang! I would be afraid to touch the stuff and the detail that got that would be charged about $50,000.00! I am aghast at the price of the stuff!!!! It couldn't be that much better than most high end waxes could it????

Flash Gordon
06-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok so I had a customer call and ask me what the most expensive wax I carry for Concourse detailing is... He didn't care about the price of the detail but what the price of the wax as a LSP I used... I told him I have a few High end waxes like DODO Supernatural, and Pinnical Soveran (sp?) he said it wasn't expensive enough for his car... and hung up... Whatever...

After that call I decided to Google "the most expensive wax" and got this: 'World's Rarest and Most Expensive' car wax (http://www.gizmag.com/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax/16320/)
Brough and Howarth... Dang! I would be afraid to touch the stuff and the detail that got that would be charged about $50,000.00! I am aghast at the price of the stuff!!!! It couldn't be that much better than most high end waxes could it????

More then likely it was someone yanking your chain

CrownKote
06-10-2011, 04:31 PM
More then likely it was someone yanking your chain

Search it... There is one jar made! that I found...

Ted S.
06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
He probably never heard of them; thinks maybe zymol and swissvax should be the only stuff to touch his car...

loudog2
I think he meant the caller

maximus20895
I hope. That guy seems kinda like a jerk and if it judges detailer by the most expensive wax they use then I don't want them as a customer.

maximus20895
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM

I think he meant the caller :P

Flash Gordon
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I think he meant the caller

Yes ^

Flash Gordon
06-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I think he meant the caller :P

Correct Sir ^

Bates Detailing
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Might have been another local detailer wanting to know what you used?!?!?! Ive had some local weird calls that I chopped up to being local "detailers"

Flash Gordon
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Might have been another local detailer wanting to know what you used?!?!?! Ive had some local weird calls that I chopped up to being local "detailers"

You can just about always tell its another detailer when they start naming products

When I've gotten these calls in the past, I've always exaggerated the prices just to mess with their head. That and I figure the price they adjust theirs to will in reality be closer to mine

Ted S.
06-10-2011, 04:43 PM

I didn't think of this. Know any tricks to get detailers to fess up?!?

Dubbin1
06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Damn shame that $37k wax isn't going to make a car look any better than a $20 one would...

ScubaCougr
06-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Tell them you'll use whatever product they wish, but that makes it a custom job. You'll need a CC# ahead of time, and they get to keep the jar so that it's not used on anyone else's car, cross-contaminating their finish.

And offer them some cinnamon flavored civet coffee (Google it) while they wait.

Bates Detailing
06-10-2011, 05:44 PM
You can just about always tell its another detailer when they start naming products

When I've gotten these calls in the past, I've always exaggerated the prices just to mess with their head. That and I figure the price they adjust theirs to will in reality be closer to mine

I didn't think of this. Know any tricks to get detailers to fess up?!?

I had a guy call recently asking me how much I would charge for an RV interior...... I asked how many linear feet it was and I got an "Uh,Uh,Uh,UH 30ft." Then I asked what model RV it was then I got an "Uh,Uh,Uh,Uh - Im not sure." LOL! It was definitely another detailer - I wanted so bad to mess with the guy but I went ahead and stayed professional. Never heard back from the guy.