PDA

View Full Version : tire dressing suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

spitshine1
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi,
Looking for a tire dressing that shines well and lasts.
Trying to find a product that does not spray on the fenders when wet.
I need to keep my expenses down.
Thanks,

Dubbin1
06-09-2011, 11:30 PM
DP Tire Gel is the answer

ziggo99
06-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Eco Touch Tire Shine, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/eco-touch-tire-shine.html)
This happens to be a gem

Flannigan
06-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Dp tire gel, cut 1:1 with water and spray it on. When cut it is very economical, it looks great and lasts for a good while.

AlexC
06-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel is the first dressing I ever tried and will probably remain a staple in my collection. To start with, it smells AMAZING haha which I know isn't very important but I definitely enjoy using it. But yes, it really lasts and it doesn't turn brown as the bottle truthfully states.

Here's a tire dressed with Black Onyx 3 weeks after application. Still a good amount of shine and definitely black.

IMAG0440 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63926013@N06/5817488988/)

Dubbin1
06-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel is the first dressing I ever tried and will probably remain a staple in my collection. To start with, it smells AMAZING haha which I know isn't very important but I definitely enjoy using it. But yes, it really lasts and it doesn't turn brown as the bottle truthfully states.

Here's a tire dressed with Black Onyx 3 weeks after application. Still a good amount of shine and definitely black.

IMAG0440 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63926013@N06/5817488988/)

While I think BO gel is an okay dressing I'm willing to be the car in that picture sat in a garage, saw very little driving and no rain or bad weather for those 3 weeks.

maximus20895
06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
What do you like?

sohail99
06-10-2011, 03:01 AM
I've tried and really like black onyx.

But I guess I need to get a sample of DP tire gel! (Thanks Dubbin :xyxthumbs:)

Matt
06-10-2011, 05:03 AM
While I think BO gel is an okay dressing I'm willing to be the car in that picture sat in a garage, saw very little driving and no rain or bad weather for those 3 weeks.

:iagree:

My vote would be for Wolfgang Black Diamond (http://www.autogeek.net/wg4700.html).

My first vote however, would be for Adams Super VRT although that's not sold here at AG.

sensi09
06-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Some meguiars otc products should be fine if you wish to keep the costs down.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Shiny and Durable?

Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel. You can buy this at autozone or pepboys.

Matt
06-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Whoops, I didn't see the part "shines well"

Both of what I suggested give a more natural sheen rather than shine to the rubber.

D_Nyholm
06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
To keep costs down, get a good shine, and won't sling, use meguiars hyper dressing 1:1 for a decent shine, and straight for bling bling shine. You can even dilute it up to 4:1 (less than $10/gallon) and have a matte finish, but it doesn't seem to last on tires very long this way.
I found that dp gel didn't give nearly enough shine, it was more of the look of hyper dressing at 3:1 or 2:1.
Mothers tire shine actually gives a great shine that doesn't sling but I cannot find it in the gallon as it is consumer.

BobbyG
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Tire Products

Pinnacle Black Onyx
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
DP Gloss Tire Gel
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard
Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

I've listed from 1 to 5 for level of glossiness.

All of these are superb performers with the "more glossy" going to Pinnacle and Wolfgang. Now this glossiness is not the wet shine you might be thinking of if you've ever used something like Meguiar's "Hot Wheels" tire spray. Now, unlike Hot Wheels tire spray both the Pinnacle and Wolfgang tire products last!

While either the Pinnacle or Wolfgang are applied they do give off that wet appearance but as the product soaks into the rubber it tends to tone it down to a nice black satin finish. I apply all my tire treatments with a brush and a foam sponge.

DP Gloss Tire Gel goes on buttery smooth and dries to a deep dark rich blackness. It's has sort of a mint smell to it but goes away after it's dried.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard is a great product and unlike when it's used on trim, tires require a bit more product to obtain a uniform satin long lasting look. This is probably they longest lasting product among the ones I've listed.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel is another good performer but it takes a couple of coats to get it looking good. This gives what I'd call the flattest finish although it does look quite good but not quite as rich as the three above.

Ted S.
06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I really like WG Black Diamond Tire Gel... but I've been messing with the Pinnacle Black Onyx lately.

303 is also a great one, and PERL is another nice spray dressing at the exterior dilution (3:1; Water: PERL):xyxthumbs: