PDA

View Full Version : which product before collinite 845?

Pages : [1] 2

mstapes
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I plan on using m205 prior to using 845, but I want to know if I should use a sealant before waxing. My car is a 1995 camry that has been taken care of but it does have some more severe scratches and fading that I would like to correct. I live in new england and my car is parked in a university parking lot for a majority of the year so it receives a ton of abuse from the weather. Should I use a sealant in between m205 and collinite 845? ot an all in one product then 845 (optimum poli-seal or klasse all in one) If one of these was used should I still use m205?

which would be the best products to restore shine as well as offer maximum protection?

spitshine1
06-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I plan on using m205 prior to using 845, but I want to know if I should use a sealant before waxing. My car is a 1995 camry that has been taken care of but it does have some more severe scratches and fading that I would like to correct. I live in new england and my car is parked in a university parking lot for a majority of the year so it receives a ton of abuse from the weather. Should I use a sealant in between m205 and collinite 845? ot an all in one product then 845 (optimum poli-seal or klasse all in one) If one of these was used should I still use m205?

which would be the best products to restore shine as well as offer maximum protection?
I have been told by many people do the sealent first then wax.
If you are using a polish first, i dont think you use a cleaner polish.

Dubbin1
06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
845 is plenty strong enough to use on its own.

rott3np3anut
06-09-2011, 11:25 PM

As Dubbin1 said, 845 is pretty good stuff and can stand alone. You can use a sealant before it, but it's not completely necessary. If anything, you could top 845 with something else to enhance the look (but again, not necessary).

As for the AIO, I would do a test spot. If you do a test paint looks satisfactory, you can just use the AIO and top it with 845. If the AIO doesn't give you enough correction, you can go to something stronger.

Were you planning on using something before M205? That's a finishing polish and won't remove as much defects. Usually you use a compound like M105 to get the major swirls out, then use the finishing polish, M205, to refine the finish.

PA DETAILER
06-10-2011, 06:23 AM
i had a coat of DP poil sealant on. topped that off with two coats of 845. the results were insane! looks like a pool of water. i just maintain it now with a QD after washes. (dp final gloss detailer)

BobbyG
06-10-2011, 06:30 AM
I tend to use sealants on all my vehicles then top with Collinite 845 about 24 hours later.

Sealants are nothing more than synthetic or man made wax. Sealants have really evolved over the years and are on par with most waxes with one exception; they last longer.

Sealants provide an extra layer for added protection and depth once the wax is applied.

Wash
Clay
compound
Polish
Seal
Wax

WRAPT C5Z06
06-10-2011, 06:31 AM
845 is plenty strong enough to use on its own.
:iagree: :iagree:

HeavyMetal
06-10-2011, 07:00 AM
I've used 845 by itself and on top of Menz Powerlock. Both ways look gorgeous. Pick your poison. A sealant followed by 845 probably provides a little extra protection and durability. Once I run out of 845 I want to try 915, which some say is even deeper and longer lasting than 845.

RemingtonSteele
06-10-2011, 07:22 AM
I normally follow below sequence.
1) wash n' wax
2) clay + (Would like to added Klasse AIO)
3) Sealent - Nxt2 (allow 12 hours curing) + 1 more coat + (Would like to added Klasse SPG)
4) Collinite#845 +1 more coat after 12 hours.

Once I run out of 845 I want to try 915, which some say is even deeper and longer lasting than 845.

I am in the same boat - waiting to exhaust 845 stock then move to 915; heard many good things about it.
I am curious to know 915 results on light colour vehicles eg: I have a Taffeta White Honda.
Would apprciate if someone could post or point to pics with Collinite#915 results on light colors.

richy
06-10-2011, 07:48 AM
I do a Funeral Home's fleet and they need their cars to look pristine. The regimen I follow for them is Duragloss 105 topped with Collinite 845. Even with all the washing their cars get, it still lasts them a year. That is a killer combo!

StoneRaizer
06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
I love Optimum PoliSeal. It's so easy to use, adds a noticeable amount of gloss after polishing and leaves the paint super slick. If you're using a PC7424XP, apply it with a black pad on speed 4 and work it into the paint using minimal pressure until the product disappears; 3-4 section passes should do the trick. Wipe off any excess, then top with 845.

mstapes
06-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I love Optimum PoliSeal. It's so easy to use, adds a noticeable amount of gloss after polishing and leaves the paint super slick. If you're using a PC7424XP, apply it with a black pad on speed 4 and work it into the paint using minimal pressure until the product disappears; 3-4 section passes should do the trick. Wipe off any excess, then top with 845.

I am considering poli-seal and dp poli-coat since it will offer more protection. I think both of these have cleaning power and slight polishing attributes. With that said, should I still use m105/ultimate compound on rough areas and m205? or will the sealant do the same polishing as m205?

Dubbin1
06-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I am considering poli-seal and dp poli-coat since it will offer more protection. I think both of these have cleaning power and slight polishing attributes. With that said, should I still use m105/ultimate compound on rough areas and m205? or will the sealant do the same polishing as m205?

Sealants are not a polish in any way shape or form and if you don't already have the DP Poli Coat sealant don't bother buying it, its the one DP product I found to be useless.

mstapes
06-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Sealants are not a polish in any way shape or form and if you don't already have the DP Poli Coat sealant don't bother buying it, its the one DP product I found to be useless.

Interesting...I haven't purchased any polish/wax yet. anything else you recommend instead of DP?

rwright
06-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I do a Funeral Home's fleet and they need their cars to look pristine. The regimen I follow for them is Duragloss 105 topped with Collinite 845. Even with all the washing their cars get, it still lasts them a year. That is a killer combo!

:iagree:but if you're car is a little neglected I would use DG 501 to deep clean the paint, then follow with DG 105 and top with Collinite 845 if you feel the need.

@Richy, was your last statement
That is a killer combo!a pun? :laughing: