PDA

View Full Version : Do you like some sheen when using a leather protectant on darker leather?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Or, do you like the matte look as though it looks like you barely put anything on it?

VW 91
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I prefer a matte look, as if I put nothing on it. Funny you started this thread, I was just cleaning leather yesterday and loved how the leather looked after I cleaned it. I used 303 to protect it and it did a sheen to the leather. I was wondering if there are any leather protectants out there that leave a matte look?

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I prefer a matte look, as if I put nothing on it. Funny you started this thread, I was just cleaning leather yesterday and loved how the leather looked after I cleaned it. I used 303 to protect it and it did a sheen to the leather. I was wondering if there are any leather protectants out there that leave a matte look?
303 has way too much sheen, IMO. Leather Masters Protection cream is exactly what you're looking for. I have it and it's very matte as if nothing was applied! :dblthumb2:

mdb917
06-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I like a more natural look - thus no sheen for me.

LegacyGT
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
I prefer matte. I have been really liking UIGP+ lately.

VW 91
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
303 has way too much sheen, IMO. Leather Masters Protection cream is exactly what you're looking for. I have it and it's very matte as if nothing was applied! :dblthumb2:

:doh: wow, I dont know how I forgot, but I have the Leather Masters Protection Cream! I used it a while ago on a customers G8, and now I remember using it again. Your right, very matte look. Lol, thanks you just saved me some money

CEE DOG
06-09-2011, 05:43 PM

You want Ultima interior guard plus. Accept no substitute :).

L1 leaves a nice look as well.

LuxuryMobile
06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I like the matte look.

Recently tried Eco-Touch leather care and really really like it. Left a perfect finish, smells great, leaves leather soft and has some cleaning properties to it as well.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 06:20 PM
You want Ultima interior guard plus. Accept no substitute :).

L1 leaves a nice look as well.
This is a good one. However, I like Leather Masters because you can use it on all types of leather. I don't like being limited to just coated. Same with Prima Nourish, but it has too much sheen for my taste.

Dr Oldz
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I prefer matte. I have been really liking UIGP+ lately.

:iagree:

ScottB
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Leathermasters indeed ... nice and new and fresh, no real gleam.

ChrisJ
06-10-2011, 07:06 AM
I like the fresh finish...Dont like to get in the car and feel like a slip and slide...I have had great results with the Leatherique line of products...Also the Zaino line is nice as well...Hell even the newer meguiars leather care is really nice as I used it on my wifes old jeep...

CrownKote
06-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Is a Cow's Butt shinny? NO
Do you use a buffer/DA for leather? NO
Is leather in high end vehicles shinny? NO
Do idiot Ricers paint their seats with spray paint? YES

Why make a car look like it had a 16 year old ricer boy detail it?
Shinny is a NO NO in my mind!
Matte/Natural is the way to go!

MDetail
06-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Do idiot Ricers paint their seats with spray paint? YES

They do?

I like it matte which is why I am giving away my meguiars detailer line leather cleaner & conditioner. Realized it gives a slight sheen, not what I'm looking for.

CrownKote
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
They do?

I like it matte which is why I am giving away my meguiars detailer line leather cleaner & conditioner. Realized it gives a slight sheen, not what I'm looking for.

Yep here you go: can you spray paint the seats? - DSM Forums (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/145815-can-you-spray-paint-seats.html)