PDA

View Full Version : COLLINITE #845 is like water

Pages : [1] 2

Jeffrey
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
I am going to wax under my hood with COLLINITE #845 but I have been shaking it for almost 20min and it still runs out on my pad and looks like water. It is not mixing up.

Any help would be great,
Thanks.

wildjyoung
06-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Try to run it under warm water for a little bit. It helps to liquefy the paste.

DLaw
06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
It should have the consistency of Milk.

Jeffrey
06-09-2011, 03:58 PM
That is too funny, I like that.

mbkite
06-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Ill have to try that ..

embolism
06-09-2011, 04:21 PM
if a hot water bath doesn't fix it then maybe it froze and is no good anymore?

like was said above it should be like milk and you don't need much once your applicator is primed...

Dubbin1
06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Running it under hot water isn't gonna make it liquefy any more than it already is. Note where he said its like water ;)

Anyway its a pretty runny product and more than likely its good to go.

Flannigan
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Running it under hot water isn't gonna make it liquefy any more than it already is. Note where he said its like water ;)

Anyway its a pretty runny product and more than likely its good to go.
I think they are assuming that there is a glob of wax solids at the bottom of the bottle and then a bunch of watery stuff at the top. In that case the hot water would help melt the harder part and let it mix.

However if it's all watery, than like you said, obviously hot water won't help at all. And I do agree. It is a fairly watery product, as long as there aren't chunks in it I think you should be good to go.

BobbyG
06-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I am going to wax under my hood with COLLINITE #845 but I have been shaking it for almost 20min and it still runs out on my pad and looks like water. It is not mixing up.

Any help would be great,
Thanks.

Jeff,

If it's like water place it in COLD water not WARM water. Warm water if it's too thick and COLD if it's too thin...

jakesdad
06-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Might be time to buy a new bottle.....Just to be on the safe side...

Nick B
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Might be time to buy a new bottle.....Just to be on the safe side...
I just got a bottle yesterday from AG and mine is the same way .
Looks just like a bottle of milk, same consistency . Is it good ?
It says "Heavy Duty Paste" on the bottle . They must be joking .

Dubbin1
06-09-2011, 08:04 PM
For the last time that is how it's supposed to be, there is nothing wrong with it :D

Dr Oldz
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
For the last time that is how it's supposed to be, there is nothing wrong with it :D

:iagree:

If you still feel it is bad, PM me for my shipping info and I will take it off your hands for evaluation!

embolism
06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
there is a big difference btw milk and water

milky = good
watery = bad
milky <> watery

even bad it may still outlast most waxes...haha

why are you putting that stuff on in the summer anyways? Summer is for putting on something new every other week. If you've got this stuff on then good luck getting it off...

LuxuryMobile
06-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Mine is always watery when I use it. I have even thought about putting it in a small spray bottle just to spray on the pad.

By the time I get around to using it, it has been outside for an hour or two and has had time to become a liquid. Still works great.