PDA

View Full Version : Interesting video I came across...

Pages : [1] 2

JYear
01-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Sorry if it's a repost...just thought it was interesting and the cars he details. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E

ScottB
01-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Its been posted here about a dozen times ....

nick19
01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Seen it a year ago.. that wax, is also "unlimited" refills, and for someone who goes through a lot, this isn't very much a year, ESPECIALLY when you charge thousands for a detail.

P1et
01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Is it me, or was he using a Guzzler? I was wondering, however, what he uses to actually wash the cars. It looked like a regular sponge to me.

6LS2
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Worlds best detailer, I guess that explains why he's washing in the sun..

And he's only using one bucket!

trhland
01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Is it me, or was he using a Guzzler? I was wondering, however, what he uses to actually wash the cars. It looked like a regular sponge to me.and i think he used sonus clay!

CalgaryDetail
01-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Ok so this is a video that on the net a million times. Very ralely does anyon have any good info to add.
I remeber on one of these threads pauls "guy" (i cant remeber the title of the guy) and he cleared up a few things.

So here are a few things I wil pass on.

The washing in the sun, it was a cloudy day, and it was a qucik wash. Apperntly theres not a n issue with the sun when its couldy there.

The one bucket: The car was washed pre-shoot. Paul had washed the car before hand. It was clean, no dirt. So a seconed bucket was not needed.

The wax: Paul admits he can get just as good of looks with other waxes, however he has the wax so why not use it. As well as its somthing that works for him. It ends up being cheaper for him to get it refiled since he alreaday has it.

Listing the prices of products: This was somthing that the show did, they asked him the questions and he gave them an honset awnser.

The cost of his detail: Apperntly the 5k wash is a very rare thing, it also takes 2 weeks or somthing. It is desgined to make a car as neer to perfect as possible. It involes paint correction and a few layer of wax (with addiqute bonding time). (this is what his rep says). Also with his rate it works out to be less then what a plumber makes per hour. Im not sure the numbers but appenrlty it not as outrages as he says. Also its what works for him.

He also states he dosent work for zymol, is not a zymol detailer, nor does he want to be. He likes the way he has it.

All this is seconed hand. I will search for the thread, (on another forum) and post here. It will take me a while so i will do it on another post.

I hope this helps clear up some rumors and falicies. if not well you can think what you want, i know im not one to stop you

found it: SEARCH AUTOPIA

the guy is miracle agent, i think he starts in the last half of the thread

supercharged
01-15-2007, 03:54 AM
16 pounds for 2 towels is very expensive. He should get Cobra MF towels in bulk form Autogeek;) .
By the way, does that guy gives out samples of that wax? He gets free refills on it anyway.

6LS2
01-15-2007, 04:49 AM
Souveran would do a better job then that Wax! Lol

Yeah he should start shopping on AG, AG RULES!

6LS2

trhland
01-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Ok so this is a video that on the net a million times. Very ralely does anyon have any good info to add.
I remeber on one of these threads pauls "guy" (i cant remeber the title of the guy) and he cleared up a few things.

So here are a few things I wil pass on.

The washing in the sun, it was a cloudy day, and it was a qucik wash. Apperntly theres not a n issue with the sun when its couldy there.

The one bucket: The car was washed pre-shoot. Paul had washed the car before hand. It was clean, no dirt. So a seconed bucket was not needed.

The wax: Paul admits he can get just as good of looks with other waxes, however he has the wax so why not use it. As well as its somthing that works for him. It ends up being cheaper for him to get it refiled since he alreaday has it.

Listing the prices of products: This was somthing that the show did, they asked him the questions and he gave them an honset awnser.

The cost of his detail: Apperntly the 5k wash is a very rare thing, it also takes 2 weeks or somthing. It is desgined to make a car as neer to perfect as possible. It involes paint correction and a few layer of wax (with addiqute bonding time). (this is what his rep says). Also with his rate it works out to be less then what a plumber makes per hour. Im not sure the numbers but appenrlty it not as outrages as he says. Also its what works for him.

He also states he dosent work for zymol, is not a zymol detailer, nor does he want to be. He likes the way he has it.

All this is seconed hand. I will search for the thread, (on another forum) and post here. It will take me a while so i will do it on another post.

I hope this helps clear up some rumors and falicies. if not well you can think what you want, i know im not one to stop you

the guy is miracle agent, i think he starts in the last half of the thread stop sticking up for the guy!! hes useing turtle wax in a fancy cantaner:D

ryandamartini
01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Worlds best detailer, I guess that explains why he's washing in the sun..

And he's only using one bucket!

I almost have a stroke when he starts shooting the roatary across the spoiler.

Butin his defense, he identified his target market and meets their expectations of caring for 250,000+ automobiles. Only difference between him and anyone here is that he realized there are a bunch of wealthy people who will pay this kind of money to maintain a car worth more than most homes.

Smart man :applause:

Surfer
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Seen it before but still think its cool, I know some people balk at the prices but it's all in how you market, he found his niche and people are clearly willing to pay for it. "Charge what you feel your worth". Just like in my line of business, I know one guy who will charge 10-20K per home deal, if somebody doesn't want to pay, he tells them to go somewhere else, Yet he still get's a ton of biz, pulling down well over 7 figs a year. Imagine going to a closing for say a normal 800-900K house here, and seeing 15K upfront just for him. I don't do that as I'm not comfortable with that, though it would be nice lol.

Gary Sword
01-15-2007, 12:07 PM
It's a nice video. I had never seen anyone apply wax with their hands before. Interesting but I think I'll stick to using a pad. It looks like someone stole my car and shipped it to the UK. I better check my garage.

CalgaryDetail
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
It's a nice video. I had never seen anyone apply wax with their hands before. Interesting but I think I'll stick to using a pad. It looks like someone stole my car and shipped it to the UK. I better check my garage.

apply wax with your hand is great, :awesome: . Its a very unique expenince. I use it on most waxes not, it allows me to get closer to my paints finsih. Its not for everyone but there are a few waxes that recomened it. Its a fun time, you should give it a shot

P1et
01-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I wonder if I would need to prep my hands?