PDA

View Full Version : Nitrile glove users??

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Do you mainly use your gloves when cleaning wheels/tires/wheel wells, then ditch them when washing the car? When do you find yourself using them the most?

slickooz
06-09-2011, 08:17 AM
The only time I don't use gloves is when I'm washing/claying the car. The rest of the time I have them on.

Crazy Amos
06-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I use them most on just about everything other than washing the car. I like them because not only do they keep the chemicals off of my hands, they also keep the oil and sweat from getting on the surface I am working on and my towel.

I hate when I am buffing paint with a MF when my hands are sweaty and then flipping the towel to only find out that side is wet from the sweat on my hand.

I hate wearing them but do it out of necessity.

LegacyGT
06-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Except for the actual soap bucket washing (they fill up with water) I wear them pretty much the entire time.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 08:20 AM
If you're wearing a pair for cleaning dirty areas(wheels, etc..), will you switch to a new pair when moving to QD? This would be on the same car.

Crazy Amos
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
If you're wearing a pair for cleaning dirty areas(wheels, etc..), will you switch to a new pair when moving to QD? This would be on the same car.

I do. I don't save them either. I hate trying to turn them right side out. It just takes too long.

slickooz
06-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I would also buy some latex gloves from Sam'sclub or Costco. They are like 10 bucks for 500 I think. I only only use nitrite gloves for the heavier chemicals. And switch to light latex gloves for other stuff.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I do. I don't save them either. I hate trying to turn them right side out. It just takes too long.
I agree. Where can I find powder free gloves that are good, yet not toooo expensive? PM me if you'd like.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I would also buy some latex gloves from Sam'sclub or Costco. They are like 10 bucks for 500 I think. I only only use nitrite gloves for the heavier chemicals. And switch to light latex gloves for other stuff.
That's a good point, Gary. :props:

CrownKote
06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I wear mine all the time while detailing except as others have said while claying... That way i don't leave any smudges anywhere... Also I change glove sets when moving from interior to wheels/tires/engine and from that to wash/wax/etc... The average is 3 pairs per vehicle...

SeaJay's
06-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I always wear them when I'm doing interiors, wheels/tires, and when I'm claying. The clay always seems to stick to my hands so having the gloves on works well.

I usually use 2-3 pairs per car. I find that when I'm doing interiors especially when I'm reaching under seats etc, they tend to rip on me. I can't wear the latex gloves due to being allergic, so the nitrile gloves work great.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Talk about quick responses!! Thanks guys!!! :props:

slickooz
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
I always wear them when I'm doing interiors, wheels/tires, and when I'm claying. The clay always seems to stick to my hands so having the gloves on works well.

I usually use 2-3 pairs per car. I find that when I'm doing interiors especially when I'm reaching under seats etc, they tend to rip on me. I can't wear the latex gloves due to being allergic, so the nitrile gloves work great.

I haven't clayed while wearing gloves because I go over it with my hand to see if I got everything. So does wearing gloves while claying be less affective because you can't really feel the surface of the car?

SeaJay's
06-09-2011, 08:38 AM
I haven't clayed while wearing gloves because I go over it with my hand to see if I got everything. So does wearing gloves while claying be less affective because you can't really feel the surface of the car?

I can certainly still feel the contaminants with the gloves on. It's similar to the sandwich baggie test that some people do or recommend.

CEE DOG
06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I use and switch nitrile gloves a lot. I use them for any time I will be touching a chemical other than car wash or clay, or QD, or Spray wax. For tires and trim they come in very handy. I would consider using latex for some tasks but the ones I use to use tore so easy! Does anybody have a line on soemthing that is cheaper and just as high quality? Previously I did an amazon search and found I was best off ordering my Nitrile gloves from AG. AG=same or better price and of course customer service, quality of gloves, etc. are known.