PDA

View Full Version : paranoid of using brushes on wheels

qaz393
06-08-2011, 09:09 PM
will using brushes scratch/marr the clear on wheels? i personally use cheap 3/$10 wash mitts for my wheels. which method will result in less paint damage to the wheels?

Rsurfer
06-08-2011, 09:19 PM
will using brushes scratch/marr the clear on wheels? i personally use cheap 3/$10 wash mitts for my wheels. which method will result in less paint damage to the wheels?
Treat the clear on your wheels the same as on your car.

qaz393
06-08-2011, 09:20 PM
lol, why does so many shops sell wheel brushes???

Rsurfer
06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Because brake dust is harder to come off than dirt. Use a good safe wheel cleaner that you won't have to agitate too much. If you seal your wheels, soap and water will clean them up.

James K
06-08-2011, 09:28 PM

Because people use them and they are a great tool. Depending on the wheel you have, a good wheel brush is a great tool to have. I almost always use a brush of some sort.

qaz393
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM
what are the quality of these brushes??

i hear some people say that the brushes at some coin wash is like a toilet brush....

Rsurfer
06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
what are the quality of these brushes??

i hear some people say that the brushes at some coin wash is like a toilet brush....
Get a good quality boar's hair brush.

coreymg51
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Get a good quality boar's hair brush.
:iagree:

FUNX650
06-08-2011, 10:23 PM

Don't be paranoid...just use a common sense approach...be sensitive...such as, your using a baby hair brush on your baby's hair approach. :) (Well, sort of, I know you get the picture).

After the initial cleaning, and the polishing, if needed, and sealing/waxing has taken place, your wheel cleaning media should do most of the work, along with, if needed, some minor brush agitation, on subsequent, and frequent, maintenance wheel cleaning sessions.

There are good quality brushes made for wheel cleaning purposes here at AGO. Among others there are:

Laitner Brush Company, Auto Detailing Brushes, Wheel Brushes, Laitner tools, laitner brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/laitner-brush-company.html)

If AGO doesn't carry Laitner's "Grip-It Power brush" you can find it here:

Laitner Brush Co., Inc. (http://www.laitner.com)

or:
autosportcatalog.com under their tires/wheels/brushes menu.

These examples, literally, barely brush the surface of what's available. :D

Hope this will be of some use for you.

Bob