PDA

View Full Version : Reload users??

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Any streaking issues?

Flannigan
06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Yes, major streaking issues for me, HOWEVER and thats a big however, it is still my current favorite spray sealant. The shine and slickness is second to none.

I've pretty much gotten the streaking eliminated by making sure to not over apply the product, work on a small section of the car at a time, and work on a cool panel out of the sun. Hope this helps.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes, major streaking issues for me, HOWEVER and thats a big however, it is still my current favorite spray sealant. The shine and slickness is second to none.

I've pretty much gotten the streaking eliminated by making sure to not over apply the product, work on a small section of the car at a time, and work on a cool panel out of the sun. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick response.

Good info.

:dblthumb2:

I really like OCW, but it streaks too. :(

Porsche Pilot
06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I used it this weekend for the first time on a customers guards red 996.
I didn't experience any streaking issues and found it easy to work with. I applied it inside, out of the sun. I misted each panel then gently spread with a MF. I used a clean MF to lightly buff. I will service the car in a few weeks and see how it's holding up. I previously applied CQuartz to that car but removed it this weekend. The water spotting was sick. I haven't experienced a product that held waterspots so easily. I had high hopes for CQuartz. Reload though seems ok so far.

C. Charles Hahn
06-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Water spotting problems with CQuartz... interesting.

I will have ReLoad on my doorstep tomorrow so I'll report back soon.

sal329
06-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I am not sure what I like better ReLoad or Opti Seal. Opti Seal never streaked on me I apply with a thick MF towel and works great. ReLoad streaked on black for me, I did try it with a short nap towel then final buff with a thick long nap and that helped still not as easy as Opti Seal but I still like it.

Perfections
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I bought reload because of the YouTube videos showing how fast it released water up windows, but in my testing to my surprise opti seal released water up the windows faster and started releasing at a lower mph

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys. I decided on going with a different spray sealant with good durability.

FUNX650
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Water spotting problems with CQuartz... interesting.

I will have ReLoad on my doorstep tomorrow so I'll report back soon.

Others have also experienced water-spotting on CQuartz--what type of water-spotting and the reason(s) for the water-spotting are varied. An example:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/35958-help-water-spots-c-quartz.html

What I'd like to know:
Is there any paint finish (SS or BC/CC), polish, wax, QD spray, sealant, or coating that will not incur: water-spotting; bird-bomb spotting/etching; stop IFO, acid rain, rail dust, etc. without constant vigilance? Does anyone have the due diligence for such maintenance?

For me, it would have been such a relief if some of the "new" car care products met and resolved the above issues.

Mark...Just a small venting session on my part...please excuse my Hi-jacking of your thread. :)

To answer your question: No I haven't experienced any streaking of Reloadbecause I haven't, as of now, used this product. :D

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Mark...Just a small venting session on my part...please excuse my Hi-jacking of your thread. :)

Bob
Noooo worries, Bob. I just purchased another product anyway. :dblthumb2:

Chris Thomas
06-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I really like OCW, but it streaks too. :(

Unlike other spray waxes and quick detailers, OCW should be buffed in and not just wiped off. Even applying it via DA and a finishing pad makes it gloss even more. This will fix any streaking issues and improve durability.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Unlike other spray waxes and quick detailers, OCW should be buffed in and not just wiped off. Even applying it via DA and a finishing pad makes it gloss even more. This will fix any streaking issues and improve durability.
I do buff after wiping. It still does streak a bit sometimes, depends on the paint. I like the product a lot, though.

silverfox
06-09-2011, 04:38 AM
It will streak like crazy if the surface is not cool to the touch. Not a product to use in the sun or a car that was sitting in the sun.

sal329
06-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks guys. I decided on going with a different spray sealant with good durability.

What did you decide to go with?

Avi@CarPro
06-09-2011, 06:55 AM
I used it this weekend for the first time on a customers guards red 996.
I didn't experience any streaking issues and found it easy to work with. I applied it inside, out of the sun. I misted each panel then gently spread with a MF. I used a clean MF to lightly buff. I will service the car in a few weeks and see how it's holding up. I previously applied CQuartz to that car but removed it this weekend. The water spotting was sick. I haven't experienced a product that held waterspots so easily. I had high hopes for CQuartz. Reload though seems ok so far.
this is exactly how Reload should be applied, you guys need to remember , this is not organic wax.. the more you use the thicker it get, no need to spray allot, and ofcourse not to be used under sunshine.
about Cquartz water spots , im glad to say we solved this problem!! they wont merge anymore with the coat, and will be easier to remove , soon to come to AG !!

I am not sure what I like better ReLoad or Opti Seal. Opti Seal never streaked on me I apply with a thick MF towel and works great. ReLoad streaked on black for me, I did try it with a short nap towel then final buff with a thick long nap and that helped still not as easy as Opti Seal but I still like it.on black or dark cars its possible to dilute the reload for less possible to streak.. short mf will help allot in applying,, first to wipe on after spray, then wipe off with another mf or the other side of the mf.