PDA

View Full Version : Other Collinite Waxes???

Pages : [1] 2

PBoy
06-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone a fan of Marque D’Elegance?

BobbyG
06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes.

I have some and I'd classify it as an old style paste wax. Marque D’Elegance will fill in tiny scratches and swirls and create a uniform, deep shine. Marque D’Elegance does not stain trim or molding.

rwright
06-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes.

I have some and I'd classify it as an old style paste wax. Marque D’Elegance will fill in tiny scratches and swirls and create a uniform, deep shine. Marque D’Elegance does not stain trim or molding.

Wasn't aware it had filling capabilities, interesting. I like 845 just like the next person but I also like 476. Soon I will be testing out Collinite boat products along side the new Duragloss Marine Compound and Duragloss Marine/RV Polish.

Dr Oldz
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Yes. I really love the look of 915 and it one of the few waxes that will outlast 845! One of my personal favorites!

WEST SIDE
06-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Good timing with this.I have 915 and 845,used the 915 once and put in on to heavy what a PITA it was to remove.I used and like 845 but after learning from you all that thin means thin i'm going to give 915 another shot.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 12:35 AM
915 is a biotch to remove if you put it on too thick. With that said, it's veryyy durable, but I would only use it on solid colors(non metallic).

WEST SIDE
06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
915 is a biotch to remove if you put it on too thick. With that said, it's veryyy durable, but I would only use it on solid colors(non metallic).

Was thinking of putting it on my wifes 2011 DD that is a pearl white,it now has a couple of coats of KSG on it.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Was thinking of putting it on my wifes 2011 DD that is a pearl white,it now has a couple of coats of KSG on it.
Doesn't pearl white have metallic in it?

Dr Oldz
06-09-2011, 01:46 AM

Agreed with putting it on too thick. If applied thinly its a breeze as any wax is if applied thinly. All in the application. As far as metallics, I really like it on metallics and find it to enhance the flakes. But as with all LSP's it's all in the end users opinion. :dblthumb2:

BobbyG
06-09-2011, 06:16 AM

Agreed with putting it on too thick. If applied thinly its a breeze as any wax is if applied thinly. All in the application. As far as metallics, I really like it on metallics and find it to enhance the flakes. But as with all LSP's it's all in the end users opinion. :dblthumb2:

Jim,

Both you and Mark are right on target. I think this has been part of the problem with many waxes through the years resulting in allot of frustration and bad press. So many times through the years I applied waxes and polishes only to struggle removing them once they dried.

A huge advancement for all of us has been the dual action polisher. Applying waxes with a one of these machines and the proper pad makes getting it THIN a real breeze. This not only make buffing so much easier but also doesn't waste some very fine product.

Thin is in boys!! :props:

Perfections
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
I use alot of the collinite line and love them all, it is picky with how thin you must apply it but with a da it's not hard and both my car and boat/rv customers love the durability, it's amazing how little product you use once you master the thin process as well :)

alfadub
07-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Has anyone tried Collinite #850 metal wax? It's supposed to be able to remove oxidation and rust. I was wondering how effective it is in accomplishing those things.

catfish07
07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Has anyone tried Collinite #850 metal wax? It's supposed to be able to remove oxidation and rust. I was wondering how effective it is in accomplishing those things.

I just bought some metal wax.. I have not had a chance to try it yet but am very interested to see how it works.. Any one with experience with it?

Perfections
07-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I just bought some metal wax.. I have not had a chance to try it yet but am very interested to see how it works.. Any one with experience with it?

Easily removes surface rust and fresh salt water deposits, has a rough time removing old salt water deposits, and older pitting in metal surfaces which leads me to believe collinites metal wax is a great chemical metal wax with very little abrasives

nothelle
07-04-2011, 11:00 PM
A huge advancement for all of us has been the dual action polisher. Applying waxes with a one of these machines and the proper pad makes getting it THIN a real breeze. This not only make buffing so much easier but also doesn't waste some very fine product.

Thin is in boys!! :props:
:iagree:

D/A with LC gold 4" spot pad, paste or liquid they work wonders.. no more hard buff, smearing and huge different in final result