PDA

View Full Version : Wheel acid

jhallhall
06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Is wheel acid bad for your health?? I just got a job at a tunnel wash/detail center and the detailers run the cars thru the tunnel before they work on them and they spray the crap out of the wheels with wheel acid. If there's a wind I can feel it sting my eyes and tickle my throat. I asked them to do it after I pull it on the track and out of my work space and they looked at me like I'm nuts!!
Lol

gumbedamit
06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Is wheel acid bad for your health?? I just got a job at a tunnel wash/detail center and the detailers run the cars thru the tunnel before they work on them and they spray the crap out of the wheels with wheel acid. If there's a wind I can feel it sting my eyes and tickle my throat. I asked them to do it after I pull it on the track and out of my work space and they looked at me like I'm nuts!!
Lol You've already answered your questions:" I can feel it sting my eyes and tickle my throat".

LegacyGT
06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Probably not what you are using, but even Meg's Wheel bright doesn't look like anything I would want to be inhaling: http://www.meguiars.com/msds/D140%20MSDS.pdf

Get the product they are using and download the MSDS from the manufacturer.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
You've already answered your questions:" I can feel it sting my eyes and tickle my throat".

:iagree::iagree:

That should answer your question I wouldn't suggest inhaling it :nomore: You can also go in with a mask on and see if they think your joking anymore.

FUNX650
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Get the product they are using and download the MSDS from the manufacturer.

By law: the owners/operators of tunnel washes, (and everyone who details, where ever that may be) must have the MSDS for each and every product/chemical that is being used on site! It's your health and life---you have the right to ask your employer for this information.

Bob

Flash Gordon
06-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Lol

Sounds like you are the only one there with any sense. Stay away from that stuff!

-Longhorn-
06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Megs Wheel Brightener sat about 30 seconds too long rusted completely my brand spanking new calipers. Now I have amazing looking ride with rusted out sh!t calipers. That stuff should be taken off the market.

Rsurfer
06-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Megs Wheel Brightener sat about 30 seconds too long rusted completely my brand spanking new calipers. Now I have amazing looking ride with rusted out sh!t calipers. That stuff should be taken off the market.
Only if you misuse it.

jhallhall
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Tomorrow the manager will be in and I'm gonna ask if I can view a copy of the MSDS for the product, also aren't they required to provide protection such as safety glasses and respiratory protection if I request?

gumbedamit
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Tomorrow the manager will be in and I'm gonna ask if I can view a copy of the MSDS for the product, also aren't they required to provide protection such as safety glasses and respiratory protection if I request?
Not to be funny, but after you do, I hope you have another job lined up. I would put that request in a formal letter or email, that way you will have legal ground to sue them in the event you lose your job.

jhallhall
06-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Not to be funny, but after you do, I hope you have another job lined up. I would put that request in a formal letter or email, that way you will have legal ground to sue them in the event you lose your job.

That is a VERY good point. And only working here for a week so far there is one trend I have noticed...employees seem to be disposable around here

jhallhall
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM