PDA

View Full Version : what are you mobile guys using.

Pages : [1] 2

coreymg51
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Well i was wondering what you mobile guys are using to clean tires,rims,and wheel wells. ive been using a product from detail king for awhile now but have been slowly buying all my products from AG for obvious reasons. Now im running low on my wheel cleaner and wondering was is a good product at a reasonable price thats a safe all around product. thinking about ARO but wanted some input.
thanks

coreymg51
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
anyone?

Rsurfer
06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Check out Griot's wheel cleaner.

James K
06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
ARO is great stuff IMO. However I prefer Mothers FX Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Safe on pretty much every wheel finish except anodized and polished aluminum. Plus it cleans tire wonderfully.

coreymg51
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
being that its foaming i take it that its an aerosol can? thanx for the input but looking for more of something i can get in a gallon so i dont have to carry alot of cans. (saving space)

aerogt01
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Griot's Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner

James K
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
being that its foaming i take it that its an aerosol can? thanx for the input but looking for more of something i can get in a gallon so i dont have to carry alot of cans. (saving space)

Ask and you shall receive.

It is not an aerosol and is available in gallons. That is how I get it.
Mothers Wheel Mist All Wheel Cleaner, chrome wheel cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, Mothers wheel cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-wheel-mist-cleaner.html)

Showroom Shine
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm a mobile detailer and for tires I like to use Awesome. It's cheap and it does the job. The brown dirt rolls right off. As far as it effect on the rubber. I don't know,but it works. $3 a gallon at thr Dollar stores!

MDetail
06-08-2011, 11:00 AM
For the tires/wheel wells I use Megs APC, if its really bad I used Megs Super Degreaser. But I use something different for the rims. If you want soemthing safe all around I just saw a thread about Optimum Power Clean, everyone was raving about. Good to clean dirty rims, or dilute up to 32:1 for the interior.

edit: link
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/35817-tried-optimum-power-clean.html

detaildude3629
06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm a mobile detailer and for tires I like to use Awesome. It's cheap and it does the job. The brown dirt rolls right off. As far as it effect on the rubber. I don't know,but it works. $3 a gallon at thr Dollar stores!

I use the samething,..works awesome, Meg apc, and superdegreaser if really bad stuff..

Perfections
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Opc on bugs, tar, sap, tires, wheels, and wells

tuscarora dave
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I've been using a cleaner called Citra-Plus that's $6 a gallon at my wholesale price. I can't see me using anything else for general wheel/tire/well cleaning. Now when it comes to really trashed but cleanable wheels I keep a gallon of Poorboy's World Spray and Rinse on hand. PB S&R works well but will etch coated wheels if left to dwell too long.

I just ordered a gallon of Optimum Power Clean from AG and am wondering how that would do on wheels. It'll be here tomorrow.

Kristopher1129
06-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I use some Malco products for tires and wheel wells. But, for rims I like to take Sonax with me.

I hate how expensive the stuff is...but it works so damn good, ha. I try to only use it on rims that can't take acid. But on mobile jobs, I try not to use acid anyways.

Mike Calloway
06-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Optimum Power Clean is great for tires and wheel wells. Sonax Full Effect is great for the worst of wheels

Mobile detail
06-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Opc is all you need