PDA

View Full Version : Damn.. hazing with Meguiars WB

tianh
06-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Accidentally used some on a polished lip and left the lip real hazy, not to mention it was out in the sun.

Now the lip is real hazy like the solution dried onto the lip but wont come off, i tried spraying some detail spray and wiping with a MF cloth, but still hazy.

How would I fix this? And if anyone can recommend me a more versatile wheel cleaner I can buy by the gallon thatd be great.. I totally forgot MB shouldnt be used on a polished lip!

on a side note, how should i dilute dawn solution in my 5 gallon bucket and throw all my towels in?

Lasthope05
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
You just need to re polish them when a metal polish or if you any type of polish for that matter.

For a cheap safe wheel cleaner on all finishes, Griots wheel cleaner is a good alternative to p21s/sonax. Griots also has a new HD version recently released. I personally like AG CWC.

Dont know about dawn as I dont use it to clean microfibers. Instead I use Zep citrus degreaser and put 3oz in 3-4 gallons and soak my MF and pads in there.

tianh
06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
You just need to re polish them when a metal polish or if you any type of polish for that matter.

For a cheap safe wheel cleaner on all finishes, Griots wheel cleaner is a good alternative to p21s/sonax. Griots also has a new HD version recently released. I personally like AG CWC.

Dont know about dawn as I dont use it to clean microfibers. Instead I use Zep citrus degreaser and put 3oz in 3-4 gallons and soak my MF and pads in there.

Thanks!

Dammnit, I was in such a rush today, I totally forgot about WB... What if I just got some cleaner wax and buffed the lip with a MF towel? Or would I be better off using Brasso

Thanks for the hint with the zep degreaser, a much better solution I think to Dawn.

Dr Oldz
06-07-2011, 05:34 PM
The problem is when using WB on rims like that is it actually pulls the oils out of the metal. Megs #7 usually fixes this easily as it has a lot of oils in it to restore the look. But generally any metal polish will help bring it back.

tianh
06-07-2011, 05:36 PM
You think a bottle of:
*meguairs cleaner wax*

would work? I have a small sample bottle of it at home.

Yeah I hope I didn't damage it permanently or anything

Would Brasso work? I only say that because shipping would kill me to order just one bottle of Megs #7

DAMN YOU WBBBBB

Dubbin1
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Language my man language...

Dr Oldz
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
You think a bottle of:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's A1216 Car Cleaner/Liquid Wax. 16 oz.: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-A1216-Cleaner-Liquid-Wax/dp/B0002NYE5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307486103&sr=8-1)

would work?

Yeah I hope I didn't damage it permanently or anything

Would Brasso work? I only say that because shipping would kill me to order just one bottle of Megs #7

#7 can usually be found in any parts store. Autozone and advanced both have it where I live. If you have a metal polish on hand, just try that b4 u go out and buy something else. Try the megs cleaner wax. Won't hurt it anymore.

ride5150
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
personally i dont think cleaner wax will do it, you probably need something a little abrasive. id try some ultimate compound, its over the counter, you can buy it at any autoparts store.

tianh
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
#7 can usually be found in any parts store. Autozone and advanced both have it where I live. If you have a metal polish on hand, just try that b4 u go out and buy something else. Try the megs cleaner wax. Won't hurt it anymore.

Oh okay will do, could I apply it and buff it off with the costco yellow towels, or would that scratch the lip?

Language my man language...

thanks

personally i dont think cleaner wax will do it, you probably need something a little abrasive. id try some ultimate compound, its over the counter, you can buy it at any autoparts store.

Thanks! Ill check my Kragens soon

Lasthope05
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Yea Brasso should work as it is a metal polish. You could also give Megs cleaner wax a try since I dont think anybody know is if it will work or not.

Dr Oldz
06-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I never used those towels. So I can't comment on those. Sorry

tianh
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Just bought some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish, gonna give it a try tomorrow. 5 bucks a bottle!