PDA

View Full Version : First time detailing white vehicle

Pages : [1] 2

Smug Monkey
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Hello all,

I am about to make my first non-OTC purchase through the geek.

I recently purchased a 2010 Mustang in Performance White that is my daily driver. I am going to try and keep this car for a while and want to treat it like a baby. I have been gleaning so much information through these forums before I joined that my head is swimming!

I will be detailing my vehicle by hand and will start by prepping the car with either the P21S GEPC or the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion (opinions on these would also be appreciated).

I would like to know if Collinite #845 will produce nice glossy results to go along with the notorious durability and ease of use it is known for? Are there any other sealants/waxes that would be recommended with the aforementioned attributes for around the same price? I cannot afford any boutique waxes/sealants and am really looking for the best bang for my buck!

Please post your favorite recommendations for white paint that is affordable, durable, glossy, and easy to use for the hand detailer.

I love this forum and am looking forward to what everyone has to say.

Mark

dougaross
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
In addition to 845 DG501/601 is another great combo on white

ScubaCougr
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Poorboys EX-P. As easy to take off as it is to put on, comes right off even in bright sun. Easy 2-3 months durability and mad shine on my daily driver.

Lots of choices, but that's my favorite.

1986mustanggt
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I just got my wife a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in white. Just this weekend I was looking at my detailing products on the wall in my garage wondering what wax will I use. I saw a can of Mothers paste wax sitting there, calling out to me saying put me in coach I am ready to play. I took him off the DL and I must say, the shine was sick and it looked like the truck had a thin layer of water on her. After I was done I asked myself why do I buy expensive waxes when this one works and looks great. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Dr Oldz
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I love 845 on white. So in my opinion that's a great and affordable option. I like both the P21 and pinnacle cleansing lotions and both work really well.... So you can't go wrong either way there. I would also suggest claying the car prior to using the cleansing lotion!

stebob
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Meguiars Gold Class and NXT 2.0 both work very good on my white 2005 Dodge Ram. Very glossy and wet looking.

I tried Liquid Souvran on it as well. Personally, I couldn't tell a different between it and the Meg's products. At least not on my white Ram.

daveinsweethome
06-07-2011, 03:09 PM
i own three white vehicles. if your paint is in excellent shape then your cleaners will be fine. it is almost impossibly hard to tell on whites and silvers if this is so. if it needs some help i would get amy fine polish (i like amigo from prima) then do the cleanse and finish with the collinite. it will look amazing and the world will wonder how the heck you got a white car to glow. i have heard great things about prima hydro to keep the luster going. collinite last a long time.

Dubbin1
06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
UPGP or Opti-Seal is what you're looking for.

Flash Gordon
06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Is your head spinning yet?

Collinite 845 for tha win :props:

DaGonz
06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
When you do wax your Mustang, the key to seeing if you got all teh wax off the paintwork is to look at it from and angle and look for "dull" spots. They will indicate the areas you missed in the removal process.

The Collinte insulator wax is a good choice. Personnaly, I use Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant topped with S100 on my Mustang.

Smug Monkey
06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I am shocked (as evidenced by my avatar) at the amount of responses I have received already! I am a member of quite a number of forums on the interweb and this is by far the quickest I have ever received so many helpful responses.

I appreciate everyone's input so far and have already started accumulating some good products that I discovered on here. I stopped by Wal-Mart and picked up some Stoner Invisible Glass as well as some Duragloss 901 car wash from Napa on my way home this evening. I also picked up another bucket so I can begin washing with the 2 bucket method. I will be assembling a detailing caddy I am sure to be proud of thanks to the help found on here. :dblthumb2:

I will also be detailing my wife's 2010 Hyundai Tucson which is Iris Blue. It is blue with some very aggressive metal flake which turns a bluish purple in different light conditions.

I think I will go with the Colli 845 as that is what I keep going back to in my thoughts since I first heard about it. I really do appreciate all of the other opinions and that is what will keep me coming back here!

Thanks again, everyone.
Mark

rwright
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks to Richy my favorite combo on white stands as:

Duragloss #501 Marine/RV Polish to deep clean the paint
Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish to seal
Final wipe with Duragloss Aqua Wax

Smug Monkey
06-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I just got my wife a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee in white. Just this weekend I was looking at my detailing products on the wall in my garage wondering what wax will I use. I saw a can of Mothers paste wax sitting there, calling out to me saying put me in coach I am ready to play. I took him off the DL and I must say, the shine was sick and it looked like the truck had a thin layer of water on her. After I was done I asked myself why do I buy expensive waxes when this one works and looks great. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

What type of Mothers paste Wax did you use? Gold Pure Nuba, Cleaner, or the Synwax? I would be interested in a long term report as to the durability!

Mark

Smug Monkey
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
When you do wax your Mustang, the key to seeing if you got all teh wax off the paintwork is to look at it from and angle and look for "dull" spots. They will indicate the areas you missed in the removal process.

The Collinte insulator wax is a good choice. Personnaly, I use Meguiar's #21 Synthetic Sealant topped with S100 on my Mustang.

Beautiful 'Stang, DaGonz! Love that color!

Mark

Rei86
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM
You know, I don't mean to hijack your thread OP but how do you all see flaws in the white paint?

I have a White Pearl vehicle and the more and more I look at it under the sun the I can not see one flaw in it. The car has less 2k miles ATM and I couldn't see one single swirl, scratch etc etc.