PDA

View Full Version : Applicators

Pages : [1] 2

abrcrombe
01-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey guys/girls
I was wondering what applicators you use for your LSP and why?
Can't make polls right now, so just respond.
Foam applicator
Microfiber applicator
Cloth applicator
Wolfgang wax applicator
Microfiber towel
Finishing pad
Hands

Nuke33
01-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I like useing the finishing pad on the pc becasue its quick and i dont use any really expenive waxes, where i need to save them as much as possable

Ryan

Whitethunder46
01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I like to use Meguiar's foam applicators I got from Wal-Mart. 2 of them for like $2 I think. (I bought 4)

I like to buff off with a white EDGE pad on the PC at speed 6. I feel this really helps bond the wax to the paint, almost like a melting effect into the paint.

I havent tried applying the wax/sealant with a PC yet however.

Nuke33
01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Hmm im going to have to try the Pad for removal.. sounds like a good idea

P1et
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I like to use Meguiar's foam applicators I got from Wal-Mart. 2 of them for like $2 I think. (I bought 4)

I like to buff off with a white EDGE pad on the PC at speed 6. I feel this really helps bond the wax to the paint, almost like a melting effect into the paint.

I havent tried applying the wax/sealant with a PC yet however.

I buy these too, they are actually $1.67 for two of them and they work great, no marring or nothing!

For my high-end waxes I use the Cobra foam pads, but they are quite pricey so I use them sparingly.

trl2112
01-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I buy these too, they are actually $1.67 for two of them and they work great, no marring or nothing!

+1 for the MG GC applicators. I need to try removing with the white pad, I heard of others doing it. I tried a MF bonnet over a wool pad the other day, which I liked.

BILL
01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
FOAM............for me......i feel applyingl the product better with foam......seems to move around the curves etc much easier than bulky pads.....;)

nick19
01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Zymol applicators are really nice. 3-$5.95, but I like them.

I also have tons of Meg's applicators. I use these for lots of applications, not just wax. Good product.

Whitethunder46
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM

For my high-end waxes I use the Cobra foam pads, but they are quite pricey so I use them sparingly.

I was close with the price, lol.

As far as removing with the White pad/PC for me, I got the idea from Justin. I remember when he explained the effect when removing liquid souveran with the white pad on speed 6.

As far as those foam Meg applicators, I just applied DG 105 with one for the first time. Yea, good and quick.Im the MAN

Juztang
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I use the Lake Country 6x4 foam applicators to apply paste wax. Use a finishing pad on the PC to apply liquid waxes. I like to use foam applicators because you don't have to use as much product. The foam doesn't soak up the product like a microfiber or terry cloth applicator would.

P1et
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm completely agreeing with Juztang. I used to use the terry cloth applicators and I'd have to use so much. The foam applicators use very little, so you can get nice thin layers.

ScottB
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/pinfoamwaxap1.html

buy in bulk ... toss after they get dirty.

P1et
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I use the Pinnacle ones as my "good ones". I bought a few and haven't had to toss them yet!

Jimmie
01-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I use a microfiber mitt. Once the fibers fill with wax it's easier to spread thin layers, and the mitt is much quicker than foam. That being said I think that the foam lays a more consistant thin layer.

supercharged
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
I use Pinnacle and Meguiar's foam applicators (there was a good deal at Wally World, $1.67 for a package of two, old school packages that I could not pass out), works the best for me.