PDA

View Full Version : best man, need a gift idea

Pages : [1] 2

jslym777
06-06-2011, 02:34 AM
So my best friend is getting married and I am the best man. I need some good gift ideas. Looking to spend anywhere from a couple hundred up to a grand.

Ted S.
06-06-2011, 02:38 AM
I was the best man at my brother's wedding. I gave him a handshake. That's all...:xyxthumbs:

james_death
06-06-2011, 03:17 AM
Get some detailing stuff you may well get it back then...:laughing:

Flannigan
06-06-2011, 06:46 AM
My best man didn't get me anything. He was a little tight on cash so he just paid for the majority of my bachelor party. honestly I don't see the need to spend hundreds of dollars on someone for their wedding. The most expensive gift we got cost $350 and that was from my parents. Other than that most people spent between $50 and $200.

Also it's kinda hard to tell you what gift to buy someone if we don't know what they like. That being said I would see if they registered anywhere for gifts and go from there. Good luck!

jslym777
06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
hes been my best friend since i was 3 years old and now im 25 so i want to do something nice

master detailer
06-06-2011, 06:54 AM
a ball and chain lol

Flannigan
06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
hes been my best friend since i was 3 years old and now im 25 so i want to do something nice
Same with my bestman, and honestly I wouldn't want him to spend tons of money on me. The fact that he planned my party and paid for most of it was more than enough. Just my .02. Now if the party had sucked, then maybe I would have wanted a better present, but it was a blast...lol

mdb917
06-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Hard to suggest something for someone we've never met. You've known him for 22 yrs. so you probably have great ideas already.

I know it sounds strange but when I got married one of the best wedding gifts we got was a drill. All of the china and the fancy stuff never got used. Eventually that stuff made it's way to the Goodwill or was given away to other family members. The drill on the other hand was used until it died. People gave my friend and I grief about it for years but it was the gift that we got the most out of. Tools for guys == always a good idea.

Meghan
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I would get him a nice watch, something he will always have.

Crazy Amos
06-06-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't know if he is into knives or guns but you could get a really nice knife or a SW MP 9mm and then have it engraved.

I did this for my best man when I got married.

Flannigan
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't know if he is into knives or guns but you could get a really nice knife or a SW MP 9mm and then have it engraved.

I did this for my best man when I got married.
This is a great idea. I did this for my dad for his 70th birthday. Got him a Glock custom engraved and he loved it. Great idea Troy!

embolism
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM
cash is king

SeaJay's
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm my best man for my brothers wedding in November. I'm paying for his bachelor party (most of it) and probably going to go get a tattoo with him and pay as his gift. He's huge into tattoos and is literally covered in them. But my brother isn't your "normal" guy I guess. lol. I wouldn't go buy him a watch or something cause he'd never wear it.

FUNX650
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
This looks like it would be in your price range...you did say up to a $1,000.00?...get him a couple of these.

Strippers image by Figaro25 on Photobucket (http://media.photobucket.com/image/strippers/Figaro25/strippers.jpg?o=2)

or, depending on where you live

Strippers located in New Hampshire,Strippers located in Maine,Strippers located in Mass (http://www.plaistowpartygroup.com/home.html)

:D

Bob

Flash Gordon
06-06-2011, 09:51 PM
I would get him a nice watch, something he will always have.

:iagree: TAG Heuer (http://www.tagheuer.com)