PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a CQuartz Knock off ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

IID
06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I was reading up and watching product demonstrations of another Ceramic coating that's out there called Element119/SystemX.
http://www.element119.com/media/images/SysXkitAll.jpg (http://www.element119.com/system-x.html)
It does sound impressive (Cures 2-3hrs),almost like GTechniq C1.
To me it looks like a CQuartz knock-off,It spreads simular and has properties like CQuartz.

Thou I have had great luck with the original:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2158_75078852 (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-paint-sealant.html)

Has anyone used or heard of this SystemX?

supercharged
06-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Looks very interesting...I also like the price, where you get MORE product for your buck...

FUNX650
06-05-2011, 08:27 AM
There seems to be many of these "new" ceramic-type products from a varied host of manufacturers/suppliers. IMO...Chemistry, chemicals, and marketing are available around the world to those willing to take the initiative and/or chances.

But, what a great name for this company! The next Element in car-care!

{I wonder what are they going to do about their 'Name' when the Russian chemists, along with some of their peers from around the world, finish synthesizing the actual Element 119, as they so did with the introduction of Element 118 to the Periodic Table?} :D

Bob

PA DETAILER
06-05-2011, 09:02 AM
paid a visit to their site and watched the videos. looks like a interesting product. and application looks to be easy. ok.....who is going to be first?

ziggo99
06-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Should I attempt to “level” System X while it is evaporating?

System X will level itself. No additional leveling is needed during evaporation
Interesting, seeing how we have had talk of high spots and "fisheyes" with the other paint coating methods.

I might pick this up.

EDIT
Anyone see their paint sealant?

Infinite Gloss Polymer Paint Sealant
This super sealant is fortified with advanced American Super Polymers. This formula was developed to capture the deep, wet look of a carnauba car wax but last many times longer. Specifically formulated for ease of application.

Our unique paint sealant creates an extensive crystalline cross-linked polymer network increasing the surface's jetting factor while giving it that just dipped in glass look. The cured product produces a three dimensional protective surface that refracts light like millions of microscopic crystal prisms.

The glossy, glass-like shimmer enhances all paint colors. No other carnauba wax, synthetic wax, or paint sealant gives your vehicle the combination of depth, gloss and protection of Infinite Gloss. By decreasing surface tension to the point where contaminants slide right off with a quick rinse, your vehicle stays clean and looking great longer.

Infinite Gloss provides protection against extreme temperatures, road salt, salty ocean air, ozone, and other harsh conditions. Protecting your car in all seasons.

Element 119 Paint Sealant is formulated with advanced American Super Polymers to seal, protect, and bond to all painted vehicle surfaces, including diamond plate and composites. Providing full protection up to six months Infinite Gloss offers great protection for any painted surface, chrome, or gel coat. Replace your auto wax, aircraft wax, boat wax, and RV waxes forever!

• Lasts many times longer than wax - Less washing and less waxing
• Easy on - Easy off Formula
• No Harsh Abrasives
• No special machines or buffers required.

richy
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I figured there'd be a lot of competition once the market started to open up for these products. This is a great thing as it will ensure the best quality product possible at the lowest possible price.

CEE DOG
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I figured there'd be a lot of competition once the market started to open up for these products. This is a great thing as it will ensure the best quality product possible at the lowest possible price.

Exactly!

One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a few different types of these coatings that last 2-3 years and sound similar but the more I learn about Opti-coat the more I think it is more unique than the rest of them. From the cured thickness, to the lifespan, to the manageability (ability to keep it glossy over the years with Poli-seal) and most of all Dr. G's stated reason for it's creation. I'm not saying its the best or is not the best. We've talked about the touchy application and learning curve and not being able to re-coat over a chip without polishing but the more I learn and use the deeper of a product I find it to be.

At this point I honestly believe there are times when Opti-coat is the right answer and other times when CQuartz is the right answer. I haven't used any other paint coatings than those two so admittedly I am ignorant as to the facts on other coatings. Take that into account on the generalized portion of my statement towards coatings I've never used or done much research on.

Rayaz
06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
American Super Polymers versus German polymers?

Rei86
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
American Super Polymers versus German polymers?

= they've been created in the same batch with a different label on the bottle?

JonMiles
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm curious where they come up with "super" polymers. There are tons of polymers out there with different properties ranging from simple ethylenes to infinitely diverse amino functional and siloxanes with huge functional groups all over the place. What makes a polymer super? I'm thinking its all marketing hype. Also the term "ceramic" coating is quite confusing. Are we forming a glass on the surface? Is there a complex network of inorganic compounds laying across the surface that is capable of uniformity? What happens when we want to remove the ceramic?

ziggo99
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm curious where they come up with "super" polymers. There are tons of polymers out there with different properties ranging from simple ethylenes to infinitely diverse amino functional and siloxanes with huge functional groups all over the place. What makes a polymer super? I'm thinking its all marketing hype. Also the term "ceramic" coating is quite confusing. Are we forming a glass on the surface? Is there a complex network of inorganic compounds laying across the surface that is capable of uniformity? What happens when we want to remove the ceramic?
To me, and I can be wrong, but when they use the term ceramic, I think of the harder clear coats used by Mercedes Benz and that when you use this product, you get something that will resist scratches easier, which in the product description they talk about, saying that it prodives protection against light scratches and swirl marks. I google searched ceramic clear coat, and sure enough, one of the first links was a guy back in 2004 talking about this new clearcoat, and a link to a site had this information on the new clear coat

The newly developed clear lacquer, which contains microscopically small ceramic particles, hardens in the paintshop oven, forming an extensively cross-linked network. The paint is thus more effectively protected against scratches caused by mechanical car-washes, for example. The nano-particles provide a three-fold improvement in the scratch resistance of the paintwork and ensure visibly enhanced gloss over an extended period of time. Following extreme tests in a laboratory car-wash, Mercedes engineers noted an around 40-percent improvement in paint gloss compared to conventional clear lacquers. Mercedes-Benz carried out extensive testing on the nano-particle clearcoat both in the laboratory and under everyday conditions. Even after several years of use, the more than 150 test cars involved in the long-term testing programme displayed significantly greater scratch resistance and enhanced paint gloss compared to vehicles with conventional paintwork.
And then again, I could be completely off.

JonMiles
06-05-2011, 11:45 PM
To me, and I can be wrong, but when they use the term ceramic, I think of the harder clear coats used by Mercedes Benz and that when you use this product, you get something that will resist scratches easier, which in the product description they talk about, saying that it prodives protection against light scratches and swirl marks. I google searched ceramic clear coat, and sure enough, one of the first links was a guy back in 2004 talking about this new clearcoat, and a link to a site had this information on the new clear coat

And then again, I could be completely off.

I am confused on ceramic, because most ceramics require heating to activate linking then cooling to harden the structure. It is like glass making. You heat silica and then cool it to make a hard material. Crystals turn into a matrix.

sohail99
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Maybe it is something 'like' ceramic!? :confused:

weavers
06-06-2011, 12:43 AM
i wonder how this stuff stacks up compared to opti coat 2.0. its interesting you can put this on windshields. i wonder how good the duration is and if there are any anti-scratch properties.

i am thinking about getting opti coat 2.0 for my car.

HeavyMetal
06-06-2011, 06:45 AM
I am confused on ceramic, because most ceramics require heating to activate linking then cooling to harden the structure. It is like glass making. You heat silica and then cool it to make a hard material. Crystals turn into a matrix.

Ya know Jon, once you develop your products you're gonna give the marketing boys fits :D. You think too much like a chemist or materials engineer. Did you hear the one about the marketing guy who went to the doc with a brown ring around his forehead. Dr couldn't figure it out until he asked what the guy did. The the doc said, "Well that's it! Everyone knows all marketers are full of @#*! and you're just down a quart.