PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Best of Show Wax

RandyD
06-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Has anyone ever tried the three coats recommended in this video (Link Below)? Any opinions on "Best of Show wax"?

Videos/2010_11171_best-of-show.flv (http://s7d4.scene7.com/s7/video/flash_video.jsp?movie=Videos/2010_11171_best-of-show.flv&company=GriotsGarage&config=GriotsGarage/VideoConfig&locale=en)

Thanks

Gunslinger
06-04-2011, 12:42 PM
I tried that not too long ago. I was skeptical and thought anything over two coats was a waste of time and product.

I was pleasantly surprised. While I think Best of Show is a superior carnauba and leaves a fabulous, deep wet shimmering appearance, the method Richard Griot suggests in the video is all he says. I was amazed by the difference and the difference in effort is minimal as most of the work goes into the prep.

Your results may be different but my experience was positive to say the least.

FUNX650
06-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Three coats/applications of BOS? No. (And this goes for any other LSPs I use)

Two coats/applications of BOS? Yes. [As usually recommended for some LSPs, for 'more' complete coverage, when/if time and my body allows. :)] BTW, BOS: the results for me were outstanding!

Bob

RandyD
06-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks. The results were outstanding, but it was very hard to get the wax off.

Flash Gordon
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks. The results were outstanding, but it was very hard to get the wax off.

This is the exact answer I would've given you ^ lol

Gunslinger
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
While it's not confined to Best of Show, but many quality carnaubas, what has happened is either the wax was applied too thick or applied in high temperatures and humidity, or both.

What happens is the surface dries before what's under it, so when you try and wipe it off it smears. Spritzing a mist of water or quick detailer helps to wipe it off easier.

When the directions say to use very thin coats, they mean it. Thin coats and you won't have problems wiping it off...doing it in cooler temps is a big help as well, though we don't have control over that.

Glad to see you're happy with the results. Griot's is mighty fine stuff.