PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz and Opti-Coat 2.0 after 1 month thoughts

panthercz
06-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Okay first off no pics...sorry.

CQuartz:
One month ago I applied CQuartz to my entire Ford Flex, paint, glass, wheels and door jambs. After letting it cure overnight I applied a coat of ReLoad. I hadn't washed it since applying the coatings (it had been heavily rained on though).
So I finally got around to washing it and must say that I am impressed. I foamed it and that was a waste of soap and time. The foam just slid off the car and onto the ground in a matter of seconds. Dirt, bugs and other grime released very easily imo...nothing radically amazing but very easily, especially on the wheels where you normally have to scrub the most. Water beaded and sheeted very well, probably better than any wax or sealant I've tried.

While washing/drying I also looked for water spots since that had been brought up and the Flex had been rained on several times. I couldn't see any. Not sure if that's because of the ReLoad coating or just that softer water isn't as big of a concern.
Overall, if I get the claimed ~2 years out of it I'll be very pleased if it keeps up like this.

Opti-Coat 2.0:
I had done a Jeep Patriot a few weeks ago and it is pretty much in the same boat as the CQuartz, with the one exception of that I'd say it sheets water a little better than the CQuartz.

Another thing I'd like to add about the Opti-Coat, is how a little can really go a long way.
The 2011 BMW M3 that belongs to a friend of mine that I corrected, seen here --> http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/36097-2011-bmw-m3-three-step-correction-lots-pics.html I covered from head to tail with Opti-Coat 2.0. I did paint, all glass, all exterior plastic trim, clear bra, wheels and door jambs. I only used 5cc's of the Opti-Coat to do all that. This morning I went over to his place to show him proper wash techniques, now that the car is back to being in good condition. I was able to confirm that after washing it, it is indeed completely covered. That makes the Opti-Coat very cost effective imo. To be able to get 3-4 cars out of one syringe makes it a great buy.
I'd also like to add, that he has since taken the BMW out on I-80 at 75-85mph for 2 hours and the front was covered with mushed bugs. They washed off very, very, easily.

silverfox
06-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Opti Coat has forever changed my maintenance routine on my car. My life is so much easier in terms of keeping my car looking freshly detailed with only a wash. Nothing sticks and I have no use for any LSP products anymore. My wheels look show room shape requiring only a wash. No more wheel cleaners. No more glass products. All I need now to make my car looking show car shape are good washing techniques and wash products (ONR or CG Glossworkz) and Ultima waterless wash as a topper. That's it ...3 products. That's the part that makes this product so worth it. I can enjoy driving my Camaro instead of always cleaning and treating the paint.

richy
06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
These coatings are indeed game changers. I was so excited to try them out last year. Just imagine how much better things will get with the way technology is changing!!

WRAPT C5Z06
06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Awesome, Richy! Both seem to be quality products, but if I were to buy one, I'd go with opti coat.

05RLS2
06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
I am curious to see how CQuartz beads and sheets even after just one year, even though I haven't heard of anyone that has hat it applied that long yet. If this stuff can truly bead and sheet, and still allow contaminants from really bonding after a full 2 years, I am truly sold on it