PDA

View Full Version : how do you advertise?

ride5150
06-03-2011, 03:32 PM
for the past 2 days ive left business cards on peoples windows, and put flyers on house door handles. i know its only been 2 days, and i really didnt put that many fliers out, but no business yet:/

how was it when you guys first started advertising? how long did it take for some business?

ExpressDetail
06-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, I have used craigslist in the past but it has been awhile since I posted on there. But it does not hurt. I have had better response from that than passing out fliers, Cards etc. The problem with craigslist id you are competing with the $75 full rollout wash , wax , shampoo and change your oil and groom your dog.

ride5150
06-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, I have used craigslist in the past but it has been awhile since I posted on there. But it does not hurt. I have had better response from that than passing out fliers, Cards etc. The problem with craigslist id you are competing with the $75 full rollout wash , wax , shampoo and change your oil and groom your dog.

what people will do for $75:P

i just posted on craigslist, i hope that bites. i used to work at an auto parts store, i think ill head over there and leave some fliers for them to hand to people.

ShineTimeDetail
06-03-2011, 05:01 PM
For every hundred pieces of advertisement items your lucky to get 1 call. You just gotta be relentless and not stop even when it feels like its not worth it....I just gotta remember what I'm sayin here Haha. Don't expect a ton your first year. My first year I was mobile but only as in could come to your house. The second year I set thetrailer up and did twice as good. This is my third year and so far since I've moved back home I've probably made twice as much as last year. I don't charge but 120 for a full detail but it take on average 2.5 to 3 hours. I use Craigslist, Google, thumb tack, business cards, face book and the best is word of mouth. Hope this helps you.