PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Easi-Dri?

newb001
06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Has anybody ever used this? Easi-Dri (http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1136&cat=5009)

Just saw it in Wal Mart and I'm assuming it's too good to be true (not having to dry would be great!)

Kean
06-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Has anybody ever used this? Easi-Dri (http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1136&cat=5009)

Just saw it in Wal Mart and I'm assuming it's too good to be true (not having to dry would be great!) ....although their marketing is a bit misleading, I don't think it claims to provide a spot-free finish without drying (if you read between the lines).

"Easi-Dri includes a new sheeting action technology that drastically reduces drying time."

"Reduces hand drying"

embolism
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM
if you have a good lsp on then sheeting the water when rinsing will leave you with virtually nothing to dry. For the rest like crevices, grab a leaf blower and go to town.

TurboToys
06-03-2011, 05:05 PM
....although their marketing is a bit misleading, I don't think it claims to provide a spot-free finish without drying (if you read between the lines).

"Easi-Dri includes a new sheeting action technology that drastically reduces drying time."

"Reduces hand drying"

sounds a lot like they use something that softens the water in their solution like ONR has.... i would rather rinse the car with a garden sprayer with onr mix in it to give a good streak free water softened finish.

ShineTimeDetail
06-03-2011, 07:41 PM
I have it and I don't use it lol I gave it to my dad lol everything I don't like gets passed on.

Kean
06-03-2011, 09:47 PM
sounds a lot like they use something that softens the water in their solution like ONR has.... i would rather rinse the car with a garden sprayer with onr mix in it to give a good streak free water softened finish. ....actually, (to me) it sounds more like some sort of hydrophic component/substance in the product that is "left behind" during the rinse that causes sheeting.

Kean
06-03-2011, 09:50 PM
if you have a good lsp on then sheeting the water when rinsing will leave you with virtually nothing to dry. For the rest like crevices, grab a leaf blower and go to town.

....or, you can get one of these :xyxthumbs::

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z174/Kean_1/NASIOC/0aaa74bd.jpg

poweraid
06-03-2011, 10:24 PM
remember that ole mr clean thing ? hooks up to hose . use special soap and rinse with the water goin through a filter in the sprayer. what was that called? that thing did a good sheeting also . I think it was a mr clean product ?

WRAPT C5Z06
06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I got tired of having to dry cars, so I bought a CR Spotless setup. :dblthumb2:

embolism
06-04-2011, 10:51 AM
so if you get a CR spotless you just rinse and leave it to air dry? No water spotting at all?

Kean
06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
so if you get a CR spotless you just rinse and leave it to air dry? No water spotting at all?

....personally, I still dry using forced and/or compressed air. In my case, its not the DI water from the CRS system I have to worry about as far spotting. Its residual soap and/or unfiltered water lingering in crevices that can be a problem. ....and if I leave the car to just air dry, there are still airborne contaminants that can land on the droplets I worry about (and deposit themselves on the paint as the water evaporates).

Using my CRS system for rinsing and a blower for a no-touch drying solution, I can get my vehicles ~95+% spot free. ....and any dribbles/spots that do exist are confined to specific areas and are quite easy to remove (very soft since they are a mix of mineral free water). I deal with those using an MF towel and a QD or a AW as I do a walk-around.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-04-2011, 12:51 PM
....personally, I still dry using forced and/or compressed air. In my case, its not the DI water from the CRS system I have to worry about as far spotting. Its residual soap and/or unfiltered water lingering in crevices that can be a problem. ....and if I leave the car to just air dry, there are still airborne contaminants that can land on the droplets I worry about (and deposit themselves on the paint as the water evaporates).

Using my CRS system for rinsing and a blower for a no-touch drying solution, I can get my vehicles ~95+% spot free. ....and any dribbles/spots that do exist are confined to specific areas and are quite easy to remove (very soft since they are a mix of mineral free water). I deal with those using an MF towel and a QD or a AW as I do a walk-around.
Great post!

I don't use any unfiltered water when using CR Spotless. It's not the most cost effective way, but it's peace of mind. I dry with a leaf blower. I love my CR Spotless system!

Kean
06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't use any unfiltered water when using CR Spotless. It's not the most cost effective way, but it's peace of mind. I dry with a leaf blower. I love my CR Spotless system!
....I guess I should clarify that I do use filtration for my wash water (sediment and soft water). I also use it as pre-filtration for my CRS system. It brings my water down by about 100ppm from 500+ ppm I typically get straight from the tap. Im not sure how much this helps prolong the life of my DI resin, but I do seem to get more washes per fill. Luckily, my old source started carrying the Tulsion resin again so I grabbed an extra cu/ft. :props: