PDA

View Full Version : optimum vs. meg vs wolgang

Slacking TJ
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
would like to know opinions on the new formula optimum polish ii & compound vs meg 105 & 205 or wg tsr and wg finishing glaze or for that matter any other like pinnacle, collinite, p 21, dodo, meg mfda polishes etc.

thanks

Dr Oldz
06-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Holy products, Batman!

Dr Oldz
06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master).

Have a look at this and maybe it'll give you an idea of what your looking for!

DLaw
06-02-2011, 10:14 PM
...........or u could just use the "search" function...that's a lot of products.

Slacking TJ
06-02-2011, 10:20 PM
ok sorry primarily opinions on optimum, megs, and wolfgang combos i know about the charts i was just looking for other opinions from other users of the new version of optimum products

93fox
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
This is my theory when i hear see these "vs" threads. Every clear on every car is different. So the meg product that worked for this person might not give you the results you want. Not all products are going to achieve the same results on every car. You might get show car results with certain product compared to someone who didn't get the same results with the same product. So what i believe is that you get the smallest amount of product available, for instance 8oz. Try them out and see what works best on your car. But try to find 8oz or less in the products you want to try out first. this way you dont have to be stuck with a big ol' 32oz. bottle just in case you didnt achieve good results out of that product. :props:

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I just ordered the new formula optimum compound, polish, and finish. Very excited to try them!

bimmer325!
06-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey Mark..since you did not give me the keys to your vette..when you get those new products in..drive my vette down here to San Antone and you can do my bimmer as a test car :D

john b
06-02-2011, 11:32 PM
This is my theory when i hear see these "vs" threads. Every clear on every car is different. So the meg product that worked for this person might not give you the results you want. Not all products are going to achieve the same results on every car. You might get show car results with certain product compared to someone who didn't get the same results with the same product. So what i believe is that you get the smallest amount of product available, for instance 8oz. Try them out and see what works best on your car. But try to find 8oz or less in the products you want to try out first. this way you dont have to be stuck with a big ol' 32oz. bottle just in case you didnt achieve good results out of that product. :props:

exactly-just dont buy 2 8oz.things of the same thing-i did that by mistake not long ago and it turned out that i didnt like them for me anyway

Dr Oldz
06-03-2011, 12:56 AM
I just ordered the new formula optimum compound, polish, and finish. Very excited to try them!

Mark.... On a chat over at Autopia, Dr G and Chris said they are supposed to behave like the spray versions. I have been using the sprays a lot lately and I am really fond if them! So if that is an indication of how they work.... I'm sure you will be very pleased.