PDA

View Full Version : exterior window trim

jamores23
06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
the trim for some reason is soft and sticky kinda feels gooey any ideas why?

CEE DOG
06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
What cleaners or dressings have you used?

jamores23
06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
none on this car, im only at the claying process. I used dawn soap and apc plus but before this step it was already like this!

SeaJay's
06-03-2011, 06:47 AM
How old is the car? Is it your car or a customers? Perhaps a previous detailer or the customer applied some sort of dressing.

jamores23
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
it is my car but I neglected it for awhile. I let my father drive it since he had no car and he would take a terry towel and wipe off water spots that have been dried onto the paint :( and also take it through a car wash. I also took it one time to a car wash spot and they did it by hand and applied a wax using a machine. they cause ALOT of damage. when i got my car back i had my front window pillar "where the airbag goes" it has a black headliner material cover with the M sign on it "its a M3" and it was hanging half way off, they damaged the hell out of my steering wheel etc. the trunk has some deep white scratches, The entire car had wax build up in EVERY CREVICE. I spent 3 hrs yesterday removing all the wax. I tried using my steamer but it didnt even budge it hence the fact its been there for almost a year lol. I went at it with a 5 gal bucket of water with apc plus and dawn soap along with a tooth brush and toothpicks . the tooth brush wasnt removing alot of the really caked up wax. now that I clayed the car its a complete mess. Its filled with swirls, rids, marring, dull spots, you name it its there! Apparently they used a Dirty pad. I will be posting up pics in a few on the show and shine. Im scared to try to polish out the scratches they left on my trunk because I have compounded the car and polished once before and god knows what they did to ty to remove the scratches they caused. I can tell they went at the scratches becuse you can see the billions of scratches they left behind. what a bummer! i got me another project again lol.

FUNX650
06-03-2011, 11:03 AM
it is my car but I neglected it for awhile. I let my father drive it since he had no car and he would take a terry towel and wipe off water spots that have been dried onto the paint :( and also take it through a car wash. I also took it one time to a car wash spot and they did it by hand and applied a wax using a machine. they cause ALOT of damage. when i got my car back i had my front window pillar "where the airbag goes" it has a black headliner material cover with the M sign on it "its a M3" and it was hanging half way off, they damaged the hell out of my steering wheel etc. the trunk has some deep white scratches, The entire car had wax build up in EVERY CREVICE. I spent 3 hrs yesterday removing all the wax. I tried using my steamer but it didnt even budge it hence the fact its been there for almost a year lol. I went at it with a 5 gal bucket of water with apc plus and dawn soap along with a tooth brush and toothpicks . the tooth brush wasnt removing alot of the really caked up wax. now that I clayed the car its a complete mess. Its filled with swirls, rids, marring, dull spots, you name it its there! Apparently they used a Dirty pad. I will be posting up pics in a few on the show and shine. Im scared to try to polish out the scratches they left on my trunk because I have compounded the car and polished once before and god knows what they did to ty to remove the scratches they caused. I can tell they went at the scratches becuse you can see the billions of scratches they left behind. what a bummer! i got me another project again lol.

So was your question about your exterior window trim or the vehicle's entire exterior? (You didn't mention any interior concerns---are there any to this regard you'd also like to discuss?) :)

I do agree that you have definitely have another project!

Bob