PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth topping UPP with collinite 845?

sensi09
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I have some fourstar UPP on a dark blue car and was wondering if it's worth the effort to top it with 845. The durability should increase, but will it "look" better.

With the ease of UPP, I don't mind applying it every 6 weeks or so.

BobbyG
06-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes.

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection is an easy-to-apply, liquid paint sealant. The synthetic sealant with Polycharger polymers offers months of protection and a depth of shine similar to a carnauba wax.

Collinite 845 is a Carnauba wax and can be applied over Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection without a problem and will add additional depth and protection.

PBoy
06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I topped CG EZ Creme Glaze with UPP this weekend. Both very easy to work with and great results.

I'm considering a new nuba topper too (been using Meg's #26).

Wished Sig II would go on sale :) Durability is not an issue for me either.

Lasthope05
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I personally dont like topping UPP with anything. UPP is one of the slickest LSP's out there and putting a topper on top would remove this attribute. Only combo I've found that works extremely well with UPP is OCW. Adds a bit a depth and to the overall finish and actually increases the slickness of UPP.

WEST SIDE
06-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I personally dont like topping UPP with anything. UPP is one of the slickest LSP's out there and putting a topper on top would remove this attribute. Only combo I've found that works extremely well with UPP is OCW. Adds a bit a depth and to the overall finish and actually increases the slickness of UPP.

How does UPP compare to WGDGPS 3.0 as far as durability and slickness?

Sorry for the bump!

James K
06-02-2011, 11:30 PM

Sorry for the bump!

I can't answer that, because I have not used either of those products.

I am simply saying don't apologize for a bump when you ask a perfectly valid question.

Lasthope05
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Sorry for the bump!

WG DGPS never really impressed me. It doesnt have any attribute that really makes it stand out from all the rest out there. Durability wise they are very similar as I see 2-3 months out of both but UPP is far slicker. Like 2-3x times slicker.

Da Fats
06-02-2011, 11:40 PM
In the high pollen count months I go with just 2 layers of sealent... Currently using WG... thinking about trying out 4star though... anyone care to send a sample? I think WG is fairly slick and for a sealent does a fairly good job at mimicking a bit of wetness that waxes bring to the table...

waxes tend to attract pollen more.

jslym777
06-02-2011, 11:47 PM
if you have a high quality carnauba then id say put that on top of it but as far as collinite id say not needed

sensi09
06-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll probably pass on topping the upp for now.

I have a bottle of 845 coming in that I plan on using on another car that sits outside so was considering. Maybe I'll try a few panels on that car with upp and 845 to compare.

sensi09
06-03-2011, 05:05 AM
In the high pollen count months I go with just 2 layers of sealent... Currently using WG... thinking about trying out 4star though... anyone care to send a sample? I think WG is fairly slick and for a sealent does a fairly good job at mimicking a bit of wetness that waxes bring to the table...

waxes tend to attract pollen more.

Have an unopened bottle of upp if you're interested in trading.