PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Pages : [1] 2

nyc
06-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm new here and need some help.
First I'll give you some background, I just got a 2011 Toyota Venza 4-5 weeks ago (Silver Metallic) and I want to keep it as nice lookin for as long as possible.
Its a daily driver that will be kept on the street - no garage. I don't really have access to a hose and will be doin everything by hand.

This will be the first time I'll be washing it - till now I've kept it clean using Meg QD every few days.

I've been lurking around here a a couple of weeks and I put in a big order before Memorial day, got all the stuff and will prob do my car tomorrow Basically my plan is :

Wash with ONR - 2 bucket method
Clay
Klasse AIO then seal with Klasse SG
and follow with Collinte 845

Does that sound right and in right order? Now my main question is can I just start with the ONR or do I have to wash the car with Dawn or similar to strip it of anything the dealer might have done or will the ONR - Clay and KAIO be enough?

Mike Phillips
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Basically my plan is :

Wash with ONR - 2 bucket method
Clay
Klasse AIO then seal with Klasse SG
and follow with Collinte 845

Does that sound right and in right order?

Looks good!

Now my main question is can I just start with the ONR or do I have to wash the car with Dawn or similar to strip it of anything the dealer might have done or will the ONR - Clay and KAIO be enough?

Washing and then claying and then using a cleaner/wax or cleaner/sealant for the D.O. among us will have effectively removed anything the dealership may have applied.

:)

Mike Phillips
06-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't post much today but did mention a tip for Klasse SG today in this thread,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/36639-what-pads-use-klasse-aio-sg.html

Anytime someone is new to Klasse SG I recommend applying to a small section about a foot squared or so and after letting it dry, wipe it off and get a good feel for the application and wipe-off of the product. It will teach you to apply a thin coating.

Mike Phillips
06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
This article here actually has some information on claying and the topic of removing previously applied waxes or paint sealants...

How to Mix IPA for Inspecting Correction Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html)

nyc
06-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Looks good!

Washing and then claying and then using a cleaner/wax or cleaner/sealant for the D.O. among us will have effectively removed anything the dealership may have applied.

Wow thanks Mike - I haven't been around long but I do know "your da man" .....lol

Old Tiger
06-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I would order Opti Clean or Ultima Waterless concentrate to use before or instead of a QD. These are much safer IME!

nyc
06-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Got another couple of question if i may - After i do the KAIO can I go right to the Klasse SG or do I have to wait a few hours?

Also, say after I do one SG coat and I do the next coat the next day - well say it rains overnight, can I just used a QD mixture of the ONR and wipe it down then go do the next coat of SG?

nyc
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I would order Opti Clean or Ultima Waterless concentrate to use before or instead of a QD. These are much safer IME!

Funny but I was thinking of getting the OPC, I just noticed it the other day - I already got the ONR - so maybe I'll get it on my next order, I think I have it in my cart already.

nyc
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Got another couple of question if i may - After i do the KAIO can I go right to the Klasse SG or do I have to wait a few hours?

Also, say after I do one SG coat and I do the next coat the next day - well say it rains overnight, can I just used a QD mixture of the ONR and wipe it down then go do the next coat of SG?

Bump on the questions if I may.

Perfections
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM

1. Yes u can go straight from kaio to sg with no wait time

2. Personally it would depend on the contaminants that I see, but I'd probably just do another onr wash, but if it doesn't rain then onr at qd str will be fine to remove lite dust

nyc
06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
1. Yes u can go straight from kaio to sg with no wait time

2. Personally it would depend on the contaminants that I see, but I'd probably just do another onr wash, but if it doesn't rain then onr at qd str will be fine to remove lite dust

Thanks for your response.

nyc
06-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Day 2 of my "mini detail" I did the ONR yesterday and wow what a great product!!!!!

Car felt nice, then I clayed and the car felt REAL nice...I didn't think it could feel better till I put on the Klasse AIO - another wow - car looked and felt silky smooth.
So now I just put a coat of Klasse SG, now I'm not to sure about the drying time - I've seen anywhere from 30 min to 10 hours...anybody tell me a good time to leave it on before I wipe it off?

Same question for the Collinite 845 that I will be doing tom. - thanks

Perfections
06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Sg with this hot weather 30 minutes probably isn't even necessary start applying it on one side of the car and by the time u circle around usually I'm able to start taking it off, collinite just make sure it's thin! I usually do a panel, move to the next, then come back and remove both, but as long as it's thin you won't have any problems doing the whole car as I mentioned with the Sg, or just do a panel at a time if your not getting it thin enough, almost like a wowo, I haven't seen durability effected even doing that method

nyc
06-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Sg with this hot weather 30 minutes probably isn't even necessary start applying it on one side of the car and by the time u circle around usually I'm able to start taking it off, collinite just make sure it's thin! I usually do a panel, move to the next, then come back and remove both, but as long as it's thin you won't have any problems doing the whole car as I mentioned with the Sg, or just do a panel at a time if your not getting it thin enough, almost like a wowo, I haven't seen durability effected even doing that method

Thanks - I was just outside and boy when they say put it on thin...they mean THIN!!!!!!!!

Went too thick in a couple of places - what a pain.

Again thanks very much for the tips.

Back to work......:buffing:

Perfections
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks - I was just outside and boy when they say put it on thin...they mean THIN!!!!!!!!

Went too thick in a couple of places - what a pain.

Again thanks very much for the tips.

Back to work......:buffing:

If your having trouble getting it off, just reapply right on top of it and take it off after