PDA

View Full Version : Wax you can apply to entire vehicle and still easily remove?

Pages : [1] 2

PBoy
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I know some sealants, e.g. UPP, can be applied in summer heat/humidity, but is there any wax (paste or liquid) that's works similarly?

jsgntulok
06-01-2011, 09:36 PM
A lot, if not all the Meguiars paste waxes. I really like #18. You can also apply Griots Garage carnauba wax stick to the entire car. I no longer use this wax since it is available only in the "deodorant" stick form. A real shame since I love this wax, easy on, easy off and long lasting. When I lived in Fort Worth, I would go to the garage at 0600 or so, apply the wax, either Meguiars or Griots, then have morning coffee, read the paper and have breakfast, then go back to the garage and wipe off the wax. It was always easy on, easy off.

Lasthope05
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Are you talking about in full sun? or in a hot shaded area?

I find that lots of waxes are easy to remove as long as you apply it really thin.

PBoy
06-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you talking about in full sun? or in a hot shaded area?

I find that lots of waxes are easy to remove as long as you apply it really thin.

shade

LegacyGT
06-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Wolfgang fuzion, and Souveran have never given me any problems period.

tmoney82
06-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Maxwax!

coreymg51
06-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Wolfgang fuzion, and Souveran have never given me any problems period.
:iagree: havent used the souveran but the fuzion i have applyed on the entire car and come back to take it off and it came off ezer than anything else ive used. and that was in full direct sunlight in the middle of the day at around 93 degrees outside in LA last week

05RLS2
06-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I know Poorboys EX, along with many of their products can be used in the sun. But EX is kind of a sealant and carnuba mix. During the summer months I haven't had any trouble getting any LSPs off, as long as they are applied in real thin layers

BigHonu
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Optimum Spray Wax. Shoot it on and wipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gondee
06-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I used both Griots Paint Sealant and Liquid Carnauba BOS wax in the 100+ Texas heat. So long as you don't apply to thick, I love them =)

Zanio also goes on fine in the heat, just not direct sun.

Trevor
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
I've used poorboys natty blue in full sun with no problems. Also have used pinnacle signature series II in heat (but not sun) and let it sit for 40 minutes before wiping off very easily. Of course it is a wipe on wipe off so that wasn't really necessary to let it sit. Just saying no problems if you do let it sit as the sig series ii was ridiculously easy to apply and wipe off (like butter). I'm in the minority , but I don't really care for the pb natty blue.

ScubaCougr
06-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Poorboys EX and EX-P are fantastic, even in bright full sun. Inexpensive, durable and mad shine. My go-to wax/sealants.

bigdeal
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Poorboys EX and EX-P are fantastic, even in bright full sun. Inexpensive, durable and mad shine. My go-to wax/sealants.+100 I use PB's EX first. Wipe it on thin and leave it sit on the finish for 30 minutes to an hour to maximize setup. Wipe off the EX (really easy if the finish was prepped right), and wipe on a coat of PB's Naty's Blue (either liquid or paste). The final look is super.

Dr Oldz
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Great point! Proper, thin application makes waxing/removal easy with most products!

CEE DOG
06-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Exactly - I agree

OP, if you want something that doesn't cost as much and applies and removes in the sun just as easy as shade check out Poorboys Natty's Blue (Paste or Liquid).