PDA

View Full Version : cant win

waxman1
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
well i detail cars for a small car lot,as well as other folks. last yr,the car lot guy said some folks didnt like the gloss,from using meguiars #40.so o chainged products for him,to something that doesnt leave much shine,presta vinyl and leather cleaner. now,some customers dont like the shine of this stuff.so i went back to # 40. no one has complained yet. hope i dont have to change again.it costs too much.

tw33k2514
06-01-2011, 04:27 PM
That sucks. But it is basically impossible to please everyone.

rickhill
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
You may look into getting some meguiars hyper dressing. You can dilute down in different levels for your different customers. It will probably be cheaper in the long run.

Ted S.
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Just get a few different types of dressings. People like it whe services can be catered to their preferences.:xyxthumbs:

rwright
06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Just get a few different types of dressings. People like it whe services can be catered to their preferences.:xyxthumbs:

Thank you for this. I ask every customer before I detail their car, "how do you prefer the finish in your car - no gloss, some gloss, high gloss?". Most of the time they prefer no dressing.

amboy
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
car lots are hard to plz.... most of them want premium service for basic price .... the best way for me is like u read above .... Always ask the costumer.:buffing:

jsgntulok
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I haven't used Megs #40 on the top of the instrument panel for quite some time now, but when I did, I did a final wipe after several minutes with a dry microfiber. That seemed to remove excess product and cut the shine. Now, I use Megs Quick Interior Detailer exclusively on the interior. No shine at all.