PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Do you feel like you are cheating a customer when...

Pages : [1] 2 3

-Longhorn-
06-01-2011, 02:15 PM
You use a spray wax as a LSP like AW or PS spray wax vs. PS paste or Wolfgang or Zaino et al? Feed back please

aerogt01
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Not if that's the level that they're paying for!

James K
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
If they pay for a traditional LSP, then yes it would be cheating.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-01-2011, 02:19 PM
The only spray wax that would be acceptable is Optimum Car Wax.

dreamps
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
meguiars UQW isn't bad either

-Longhorn-
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
The only spray wax that would be acceptable is Optimum Car Wax.
I find Pin Souv much better than that.

For the record I usually get a car Sat and put PS on it and let it cure overnight and right before delivery I go over it with PS spray wax. Last car I did I ran out of time and used PS Spray only. Looked great just don't know how long will stand up...

LuxuryMobile
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Would never just use a spray wax without informing the client of it first. I typically only use a spray wax for maintenance packages, but for a 2-3 times a year detail, I make sure to use a true sealant/wax.

If they are aware of it, then it is definitly not cheating or lying to them. Just be honest with how long you think it will last on the paint.

Lasthope05
06-01-2011, 02:28 PM
First ask the customer what he is looking for in LSP and then assess what you are going to use on it.

I dont ususally dont apply souveran or nattys on customers cars because of their extremely poor durability. Duragloss AW/Megs UQW lasts just as long as the two and is much easier to use.

Besides, there are great spray lsps that easily hold their own against tradition lsps. Optimum car wax, Gtechiniq C2, JW AJT all last several months and are easy to use spray lsps. Opti-seal/upgp/ZCS are also technically spray lsps.

Flash Gordon
06-01-2011, 02:29 PM
You use a spray wax as a LSP like AW or PS spray wax vs. PS paste or Wolfgang or Zaino et al? Feed back please

If the customer is under the assumption the car is going to be waxed, the yes, I consider that cheating the customer :nomore:

RTexasF
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
If you feel like you shorted them then you did.

ScubaCougr
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I've tried to be real clear in my packages to avoid anyone feeling cheated or misled:

Car wash w Spray Wax
Basic detail w one-step cleaner/wax
Executive detail w paint glaze and premium sealant.

I probably need to do a better job of the consult too. Avoid confusion and make sure any obvious upsell opportunities are not missed.

James K
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
If you feel like you shorted them then you did.

This!

sal329
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I would not use AW as a stand alone, if I am doing a wash and wax for a customer I reach for something that is easy on and off and cost efficient

-Longhorn-
06-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I would not use AW as a stand alone, if I am doing a wash and wax for a customer I reach for something that is easy on and off and cost efficientI almost always use PS or Wolfgang paste wax as I feel they leave the best wet factor.

-Longhorn-
06-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I almost always use PS or Wolfgang paste wax as I feel they leave the best wet factor.Not to mention I have enough to kill a horse lol :props: