PDA

View Full Version : Leather masters protection cream???

WRAPT C5Z06
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought they said their products contain no wax which is supposed to attract dirt? I looked at the ingredients for the protection cream, and it says wax and oils??

jfelbab
06-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Not sure what's in it but it does dry and is not sticky, oily of waxy. The leather feels dry and silky after use. It's my go to leather care product and I've used all the major brands. I've been using the LM Protection Cream on leather for more than 20 years now. I use it on both cars and furniture.

jpegs13
06-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Mark, I use it on the Lambo, the stuff is great. The leather looks brand new, no gloss to it or slickness. Give it a try

FUNX650
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought they said their products contain no wax which is supposed to attract dirt? I looked at the ingredients for the protection cream, and it says wax and oils??

I'd get to the bottom of this concern in a hurry! :D

For your convenience, if so desired:

Contacts:

-Scott, Manufacturing Mgr. Dallas, Tx. 214.528.3865
-Tony, Retail Mgr. San Jose, Ca. 408.293.7660 ext.14
-Dave Carranza *CEO* Dallas, Tx 214.528.3865

LeatherMasters products that are water-based have always performed, as so claimed by the manufacturer, excellently for me--your use of the protectant cream, IMO, should be no different in performance. :)

As always, take care and have a good remainder of the day.

Bob

Bunky
06-01-2011, 05:12 PM

This should not be a surprise. I had posted the MSDS sheet before.

1. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON COMPONENTS

Watery dispersion of resins, fatty animal and vegetable oils.

I think people have this impression thanks to some leather care makers that like to use this as marketing FUD. It is all about how it is manufactured.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
This should not be a surprise. I had posted the MSDS sheet before.

1. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON COMPONENTS

Watery dispersion of resins, fatty animal and vegetable oils.

I think people have this impression thanks to some leather care makers that like to use this as marketing FUD. It is all about how it is manufactured.
Al,

What do you like to use for leather protection?

DEREKC
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I just used it on my new 2012 Focus, and found it to be really good!

ScottB
06-01-2011, 07:42 PM
It works well ... dont particularly care what they use to design it.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Just tried it and I like it!!!!

FUNX650
06-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Just tried it and I like it!!!!

Great. I'm glad it worked for you.

If I may be so bold to ask...

1. What vehicle and type of leather (seating areas, I presume?) did you try it on?
2. Does your Corvette have perforated leather seating areas?

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

Bob

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Great. I'm glad it worked for you.

If I may be so bold to ask...

1. What vehicle and type of leather (seating areas, I presume?) did you try it on?
2. Does your Corvette have perforated leather seating areas?

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

Bob

Hi Mr. Bob :)

I tried it on my z06 seats. It has coated leather which is perforated in some areas.

FUNX650
06-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi Mr. Bob :)

I tried it on my z06 seats. It has coated leather which is perforated in some areas.

Thanks, Mark, for your reply. :)

Since I haven't used a cream protector on perforated leather
I was wondering:

Was extra care needed in applying the LM's cream protector to the above mentioned perforations in order to not "fill them up"? And if there was any "fill" was it easy to remove?

Any input you have will be appreciated.

Bob