PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing anything with my Detail setup?

Firebirddrvr
06-01-2011, 01:20 AM
I was wondering if I could get some of your opinions, I just got into detailing and here's what I have. Please let me know if I am missing anything/dont need something. I am open to any advice. :)

Mothers wash with microfiber mit
Mothers clay bar kit
Porter Cable 7424xp
Chemical Guys 721 polish
Chemical Guys 778 polish
Deep reflections XP wax/glaze

Would you guys recommend putting a wax on top of the deep reflection?

cutter
06-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Using the microfiber mitt....Use the two bucket wash system (one for wash, one for rinse) and a couple of Grit Guard for each bucket. This will help remove all the dirt trapped in the mitt.

sohail99
06-01-2011, 07:22 AM
^Yup, and what kind of polishing pads do you have?

A carnauba based wax over a sealant would look great provided that the paint comes out perfect after the correction process.

You might wanna look into Collinite 845 too! :xyxthumbs:

And watch loads of Mike Phillips instructional videos!!

Mike Phillips
06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I
I just got into detailing and here's what I have.

Porter Cable 7424xp
Chemical Guys 721 polish
Chemical Guys 778 polish
Deep reflections XP wax/glaze

After you wash and dry the car and then clay the paint, start out by doing a Test Spot.

Read through this thread as it's very complete and detailed and just substitute your polishes for the ones referenced.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36242-new-detailing-my-plan-attack-good-one.html

The most important thing to do though is to make sure that you are getting the results you want and hope for in your test post from your products, pads and technique. Make sure you can make one spot look GREAT! before buffing out the entire car.

If you can make one spot look great you can make the entire car look great. If you can't make one spot look great then you'll be glad you did a Test -->Spot<-- and come back here and tell us what you're seeing and we'll do our best to help you tweak your technique and see you through to success.

:)