PDA

View Full Version : meguiars ultimate compound-love this stuff

ride5150
05-31-2011, 11:36 PM
i was at an o'reillys today looking for 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper, i walked through the car appearance aisle and saw megs ultimate compound. i bought a bottle for $6.50:P on sale:P

this stuff is amazing, i first used it by hand with a MF, worked really well and took out some hazing on my car.

next i busted out my GG DA polisher and a white LC 5.5" pad. i thought my car was clean as it was, i went over it with poliseal and a green pad on my GG just 2 weeks ago. but what i was left with after using the UC, was almost perfection. i really thought my car was nice, no hazing, but when i compared my reflection in the section i did with UC and a section i previously did with poliseal and a green pad, it was night and day. now it looks like im looking at a mirror.

i compared it to poliseal and a white pad, it had similar effect but id say the UC wins by just a hair. ive always used poliseal with a green LC pad, but now am definately switching to the white pad.

next i used it on my front grille, which is plastic. i put a piece of tape on the grille, to the right i used UC and to the left i used plast-x. the two were almost identical, but i think the plast-x left some small scratches.

this stuff is great!

ill post pics 2morrow

FUNX650
06-01-2011, 09:46 AM
:iagree: ^

Meg's UC is one fine product...I'll follow (if need be) with ScratchX or SwirlX for a LSP-ready paint surface.

Bob

Shawn T.
06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
:xyxthumbs:

Love the stuff also!

DARK HORSE
06-01-2011, 11:49 AM
i was at an o'reillys today looking for 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper, i walked through the car appearance aisle and saw megs ultimate compound. i bought a bottle for $6.50:P on sale:P

this stuff is amazing, i first used it by hand with a MF, worked really well and took out some hazing on my car.

next i busted out my GG DA polisher and a white LC 5.5" pad. i thought my car was clean as it was, i went over it with poliseal and a green pad on my GG just 2 weeks ago. but what i was left with after using the UC, was almost perfection. i really thought my car was nice, no hazing, but when i compared my reflection in the section i did with UC and a section i previously did with poliseal and a green pad, it was night and day. now it looks like im looking at a mirror.

i compared it to poliseal and a white pad, it had similar effect but id say the UC wins by just a hair. ive always used poliseal with a green LC pad, but now am definately switching to the white pad.

next i used it on my front grille, which is plastic. i put a piece of tape on the grille, to the right i used UC and to the left i used plast-x. the two were almost identical, but i think the plast-x left some small scratches.

this stuff is great!

ill post pics 2morrow

If you really want to kick it up another notch; follow up the UC with UP or better yet M205 with a finishing pad (HT crimson or LC Gray)...