PDA

View Full Version : I Need Some Good Smelling Protectant.....

Pages : [1] 2

tmoney82
05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
that also works! I have DP Protectant now and it works all good but I cant stand the smell. It also leaves a smell in my microfiber towels that I use to clean and protect the interior.
I need something that smell good while work good! I would like to hear you guys suggestions!

AeroCleanse
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
1z Cockpit Premium and 1z Vinyl-Rubber smell good to me.

FUNX650
05-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Everybody's perception of "good smelling" is probably different. Same probably goes for the products they use.

Even if I tell the wife that I did use deoderant, her opinion--on the alleged "good smell" I claim that is emanating from my physical being--invariably will differ. :(

ExpressDetail
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I use chemical guys leather treatment for my "Entry Level" opposed to our higher end Leatherique.Chemical Guys smell and restores the smell of new leather.

tmoney82
06-01-2011, 06:12 AM
Everybody's perception of "good smelling" is probably different. Same probably goes for the products they use.

Even if I tell the wife that I did use deoderant, her opinion--on the alleged "good smell" I claim that is emanating from my physical being--invariably will differ. :(

I understand that but it would be nice to know what product people use and what it smell like instead of ordering blindly.

ChrisJ
06-01-2011, 07:20 AM
I like the smell of the Zaino leather products...I like the way the leatherique works but its smells like bug spray to me...

Nick McKees37
06-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Mothers VLR (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-vinyl-leather-rubber-care.html) smells fantastic. It has a rich leather aroma that lingers for days. It's not overpowering it all. I've even used it as air freshener in my car before. :xyxthumbs:

tmoney82
06-01-2011, 09:50 AM
BTW, I also have leather seats.

AeroCleanse
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
For leather I use GTechniq L1, no smell.

mcpp66
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Poorboy's Natural Look Trim Dressing.

FUNX650
06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I understand that but it would be nice to know what product people use and what it smell like instead of ordering blindly.

Tell us what your favorite "smell good" fragrance is and this forum's members will then be better equipped and from their experiences be able to recommend products so fragranced. Thus, IMO, an 'ordering blindly' syndrome can be avoided.

Thanks in advance for the requested info.

{Note: I prefer to use as many unscented car care protectant products as possible, if, for nothing else, my personal reasons. :)

Bob

tmoney82
06-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Tell us what your favorite "smell good" fragrance is and this forum's members will then be better equipped and from their experiences be able to recommend products so fragranced. Thus, IMO, an 'ordering blindly' syndrome can be avoided.

Thanks in advance for the requested info.

{Note: I prefer to use as many unscented car care protectant products as possible, if, for nothing else, my personal reasons. :)

Bob

Something citrus would be fine or something berry or sweet smelling! DP works great but the banana scent is not cutting it. It seem to leave my microfibers smelling like light vomit or something. Leather scent is also an option cause of my seats, but I want something to do seats and dash with one product. I clean the interior with megs apc+

kkreit01
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Surf City Dash Away has a nice, clean scent. It's an excellent cleaner + protectant. I have no affiliation with SCG. I just like this product, and often recommend it. It leaves a natural (no shine) look. I have not tried DP, and I like bananas :)

ride5150
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
megs water based dressing has a nice coconut smell to it. i like it :P

Eric
06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Surf City Dash Away has a nice, clean scent. It's an excellent cleaner + protectant. I have no affiliation with SCG. I just like this product, and often recommend it. It leaves a natural (no shine) look. I have not tried DP, and I like bananas :)

That's a good one. Also you have Duragloss and FlashWax Presto. Both of those smell pretty good.