PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen counter/stainless shine............

keepitclean
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
A bit off the subject but I have never got the "no streak" really good shine on my granite counter and stainless kitchen appliances untill the other day. I've used Windex, Invisible glass, diluted APC, many of my "geek" car care products (I stopped at using a buffer) .....then I had someone recommend Pledge furniture polish. I read the label and sure enough it's recommend for these surfaces. I was blown away with the results. I usally clean down the surface really well and then apply Pledge as the final coat for a good shine. :dblthumb2:

FUNX650
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I am assuming this Pledge product was their Multi-Surface Pledge--different from their "regular" Pledge (probably a difference in ph value). Also, I am assuming that your granite counter top was properly sealed with a dedicated stone sealant to inhibit any cleaning product from entering the granite. Anyway, good for you...it seems you have your newfound kitchen-area cleaning solution.

I don't know if it's for me, though.

Bob

sjb89
07-23-2011, 03:48 PM
The best product i tried is griots garage stainless steel cleaner. Works great on granite too!

ScottB
07-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Ive also been wondering if the Flitz Stainless Steel Cleaner/Polish works well on kitchen appliances and doesnt leave an oily wet film.

feds27
07-29-2011, 09:50 AM
From my experience cleaning my stainless exhaust pipes on my motorcycle: Britemax, Simichrome, Blue Magic metal polishes (in that order) are really good on stainless steel. I use Britemax on my stainless steel sink and it leaves it looking like new.

bobble
07-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Got a buddy who is a lead tech for GE on the appliance side. He always asks the homeowners at high end clients if they have any and cleans up their stainless appliances before leaving. Swears by it for years.

Reflexion
07-29-2011, 12:59 PM
:iagree:

I've tried pledge on stainless appliances in the kitchen and I have to say that it works really well. :dblthumb2:

LegacyGT
07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Well I know what I am going to try on my appliances now ... my current cleaner is too streaky.

dwengier77
07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
For stainless i use Sheila shine. i have used this product for over a decade in restaurant kitchens as well. i love it and have had no issues with it ever. If anyone is looking for some i have a case of sheila shine, i would be willing to trade for samples.