PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845, how and why?

Arnie36
05-31-2011, 01:18 AM
So i've been using Collinite ever since last winter, and we all know that it is tremendously durable, cheap and has a great shine. But what i'm wondering is what is in this stuff that makes it so great? I mean if this one company is making a product that can last against road salt, why aren't there products with this kind of durability?

Ted S.
05-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Carnauba and petroleum based products...if I had to guess.:xyxthumbs:

I put two coats on my truck with unbelievable results.

watson1000
05-31-2011, 06:40 AM
I don't know what is in it either but ,WOW, iI put 1 coat on my daily driver and I must say it is incredible . Definetley will be using this alot .:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

PA DETAILER
05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Carnauba and petroleum based products...if I had to guess.:xyxthumbs:

I put two coats on my truck with unbelievable results.

:iagree: two coats also on my truck. just a outstanding product. :props:

FUNX650
05-31-2011, 08:36 AM
So i've been using Collinite ever since last winter, and we all know that it is tremendously durable, cheap and has a great shine. But what i'm wondering is what is in this stuff that makes it so great? I mean if this one company is making a product that can last against road salt, why aren't there products with this kind of durability?

Besides the usual proprietory ingredients [(this is a major fallicy, in my view point, because a good chemist can sometimes "find out" what is hidden from us laymen---we should know what's in there)] that most brands have in them, a lot of the Collinite products have the petroleum distillate DX 3641 Naptha (for 845), and Morpholine---a proven rust inhibitor.

Why others don't have these specific ingredients depends, IMO, what the chemists/blenders have been told to formulate within certain guidelines (costs of chemicals and their purity/percentage; what the objectives are...shine vs. durability) to name a few.

Just my thoughts.

Bob

BobbyG
05-31-2011, 09:06 AM
All great posts and right on target! :props:

Collinite products are those hidden gems everyone talks about and once used become all time favorites...:props:

watson1000
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
I forgot to Thank Bobby for recommending this product to me in my last post . I was asking all kinds of questions on what to buy and he was kind enough to suggest Collinite 845 and I am very very happy with the results .

Glenn

Ted S.
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Collinite should be paying Bobby for the amount of business they get from his recommendations, IMHO.:laughing:

Maldini
05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
:iagree: two coats also on my truck. just a outstanding product. :props:

How long between coats? I just ordered my first bottle and I am looking forward to the results.

DaHen
05-31-2011, 01:51 PM
How long between coats? I just ordered my first bottle and I am looking forward to the results.

Let the 1st coat of 845 cure for 9 - 12 hrs at least.

tmoney82
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
So Collinite 845 is better than DP? Durability, shine and slickness? If so, I know what my next wax will be!

Arnie36
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
So Collinite 845 is better than DP? Durability, shine and slickness? If so, I know what my next wax will be!

definately durability, i have not used DP, but i have not found anything that lasts as long as Collinite, with a very nice warm carnauba shine.