PDA

View Full Version : pressure washer

NewXJ
05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
just bought a 3000 psi gas pressure washer for around the house use. my question is this too much psi for using it on the cars? wanting to get a foam cannon, which one should i get?

loudog2
05-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Just use the gentle/automobile nozzle. That's what it is made for. If you don't have one, go to lowes/HD and get a pack of nozzles. I use my 2600psi gas all the time. It helps after polishing to get all the polish and dust out of the gaps and cracks.

NewXJ
05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
i do have a soap blaster tip...would that be the one to use?

loudog2
05-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Mine came with 4 tips(soak, gentle/auto, general muti-purpose and heavy duty). Make sure you have the right one. Can you go on the website or call customer service. When in doubt just go buy the one you need. They don't cost much and come in single tip packages.

Scarelane
05-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I have a Karcher 1850 PSI electric and it works great! I have a foam gun too and it also works really good. I have a Honda gas powered pressure washer and it's too powerful for a car wash. At least I think so. Love my Karcher!!

oldmodman
05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Just run the engine on the pressure washer at just off idle. That will give you a much lower pressure, around 1200psi.
I have the Karcher 4500psi gas washer and use it all the time with the engine speed at or just off idle. If you are not stripping paint or something why beat on the engine and the pump.

daveinsweethome
05-30-2011, 11:06 PM
some bigger units like yours have an adjustment knob to lower the psi. just be careful and hold it farther away if you have doubts.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I've used up to 2200 PSI with no problems...like others said...turn the motor down some if you have an adjuster (and with a 3000 psi, which im guessing was rather expensive...im sure you do)!

As for your foam cannon...personally...nothing against AG....if you wanna save a little (well more like a lot) of money...get the G Foam blaster i think its called..they are sold at the HD...works quite well IMO especially for the price..only issue..it likes to tip over when it isnt connected to the pressure washer lol...but if you lean it against something...problem solved :)