PDA

View Full Version : DC2 hazed (dried) on me...POSITIVE RESULTS

Don M
05-30-2011, 03:45 PM
I detailed my wife's Explorer yesterday and since it's a light beige color, I didn't go through the whole process, I just used DC2 polish and Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.
It was very hot yesterday and I had to do the truck in the sun, but the DC2 stilll spread like normal (speed 5), and I rubbed it down to a barely visible film. I applied it to the whole truck before going to remove it and I discovered that the polish had actually dried on me, just like a wax would...it even passed the swipe test.

I was worried at first that I was going to have a difficult time removing the residue, but it buffed off like a dream, leaving the surface very smooth and glossy. It felt like and looked like I had done the entire process on the truck.

After removing the DC2, applying the Collinite was also like a dream, I was able to get a super thin layer which buffed off increadibly easy with no smearing or streaking.

I've never had DC2 act like this before and I loved it. Has anyone else had this happen to them or maybe have any ideas why it dried on me like it did?

Don M
06-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Feed back please

aerogt01
06-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Just to make sure, are you talking about Meguiar's Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish? That is often abbreviated as DC2, but I think the abbreviation shares a name with another product.

FUNX650
06-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Congratulations on your results...Usually it's best to apply/remove these type of polishes ( as with most car care products) out of direct sunlight and on a cool surface. With DC2 (Deep Crystal 2?) being similar to Meg's #7, perhaps a AGO Search for a "how to" on the characteristics of these polishes by Mr. Mike Phillips might be, IMO, a good read...next time your results under the same curcumstances might be completely different.

Just thinking out loud, ya know.

Bob

Mike Phillips
06-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Feed back please

Hey if that worked for you then go with it...

Normally you would apply a product like the DC2 and then immediately wipe it off. Letting it dry, especially letting it dry on a hot surface will tend to make wiping it off a struggle. Could be the thin layer you left behind. Also, consumer products are more blended for ease of use by the "average" person, this makes the product more "Bubba-Proof". So the "ease-of-use" blending of consumer type products also helps.

:xyxthumbs:

Don M
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks all, and yes it was Deep Crystal Step 2