PDA

View Full Version : urine in cloth seats

Pages : [1] 2

mikeg091578
05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
my 2 yr old peed in his carseat and it now is soaked into my seat. what can i do to remove the smell?

LegacyGT
05-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Get a biological cleaner ... there were some threads about it somewhere around here.

Edit: search the threads for 'enzyme' and you will find some results. I think you need an enzyme based cleaner.

Flash Gordon
05-30-2011, 11:18 AM
my 2 yr old peed in his carseat and it now is soaked into my seat. what can i do to remove the smell?

Is the cushion material removable from the hard plastic seat?

CrownKote
05-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Is the cushion material removable from the hard plastic seat?

Flash I think the OP is meaning that the urine has ran down past the car seat into the actual vehicle seat and padding...

OP: Try some product you can get from Wal-Mart or Pets-Mart called Kids 'N' Pets This stuff is a miracal product for urine... When I worked for Chem-Dry as a carpet cleaner it took out stains and urine smells that I though would never come out... The key to using it is the dwell time...

You can also get some Chem-Dry stuff from Home Depot that is called PURT (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) I know it says Pet in it but honestly all products that are formulated to remove pet urine will work on human urine great!

Flash Gordon
05-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Flash I think the OP is meaning that the urine has ran down past the car seat into the actual vehicle seat and padding...

!

Dang, someone really had to go :bolt:

jimmyjam
05-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Dang, someone really had to go :bolt:

Ha, That's what I was thinkin, poor lil guy...

Flash Gordon
05-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Ha, That's what I was thinkin, poor lil guy...

I believe he would have to ride in the bed of my truck untill he learned to control himself

J/K OP ;)

jimmyjam
05-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I believe he would have to ride in the bed of my truck untill he learned to control himself

J/K OP ;)
Ha, or painters tape around the leg hole of his pull ups.. Poor lil guy...It works on my 19yr old!

Nitro24
05-30-2011, 12:52 PM
You can always pee on it yourself, that will take out his smell..lol

Jons6.7
05-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Ha, or painters tape around the leg hole of his pull ups.. Poor lil guy...It works on my 19yr old!

LMAO, but OP I would highly recommend the seat protectors that they sell at baby's they are to protect the leather seats from the car seat. They are made to keep your leather from marring but they have a big lip around them that can and does hold LOTS of liquid and keeps it off your seat/carpet. Don't ask, but with a now 5 and 3 year old couple of girls they have saved my seats more than once.

Flash Gordon
05-30-2011, 03:49 PM
At least the kid didn't drop duece everywhere

OP..If I were you I would remove that section of the seat and pressure wash it. When you lay it out in the Sun, it will dry in just a few hours

bmwgeek
05-30-2011, 10:19 PM
You'll need something that can reach as far down as the urine did.

CrownKote
05-31-2011, 07:54 AM
At least the kid didn't drop duece everywhere

OP..If I were you I would remove that section of the seat and pressure wash it. When you lay it out in the Sun, it will dry in just a few hours

Not a bad idea bit there still needs to be an enzyme that will break down the bacteria...

You'll need something that can reach as far down as the urine did.

If you saturate the seat with the Kid's N' Pet's let it sit then extract it should be good...

jpegs13
05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Petco has dog and animal urine remover, de-odorizer, try that.

jwellsii
05-31-2011, 08:58 AM
You must use an enzyme based cleaner :dig: