PDA

View Full Version : What pad has the more cut

SPIROS ANTONIOU
05-30-2011, 03:08 AM
Hello quys.

As per title what pad has the more cut.
.1.Tangerine Ultra Polishing Foam(lake country )
2.chemigal quys white hex-logic pad?

rwright
05-30-2011, 04:52 AM
This is pure speculation but I would treat the white CG pad as having the same cut as Lake Country white polishing pad. Given that speculation, the Tangerine should have slightly more cut and finish better. One way to find out how similar the CG/LC pads are, find out the PPI (pores per inch) rating of each. The higher the PPI rating the softer the pad will be.

SPIROS ANTONIOU
05-30-2011, 05:01 AM
This is pure speculation but I would treat the white CG pad as having the same cut as Lake Country white polishing pad. Given that speculation, the Tangerine should have slightly more cut and finish better. One way to find out how similar the CG/LC pads are, find out the PPI (pores per inch) rating of each. The higher the PPI rating the softer the pad will be.

thank you my firend .Iam planning to polished an oxidated single stage paint with rate of microns 58-62 and i dont want to go further than one step cleaner polish.And iam thinking that pads to order but i dont want which

rwright
05-30-2011, 05:15 AM
That is very thin paint. Another pad to consider is the Lake Country CCS 5.5" green light polishing/finishing pad found on this page (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-5-5inch-foam-buffing-pads.html). This pad as you can see is between the white polishing pad and the gray/black finishing pad. It can be a difficult pad to track down in other places. The white pad will give you a little better cut to remove defects.

Emm
05-30-2011, 05:39 AM
I use that green pad alot with AIO's works pretty good