PDA

View Full Version : Opti-coat 2.0 question...

Pages : [1] 2 3

93fox
05-29-2011, 08:15 PM
So here is my question i have been having about opti-coat 2.0 before i purchase it. Lets say i perfectly prep the paint and everything for the application of opti-coat. Onced its applied an cured how long can i expect this to last on the paint? Maintaining it with a wash every week and lets say a spray wax after the wash. Idealy for how long can i expect this to last on the paint? This is the question ive been having before putting this item in my cart.

dougaross
05-29-2011, 08:28 PM
a long long time. It's permanent. Must be abraded off. With that said, who knows?

Old Tiger
05-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Too many factors like garage, weather, etc. but Optimum guarantees 5 years I think.

93fox
05-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Its for a daily driver that sits outside 24/7.

LegacyGT
05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Spray wax after the wash will not be necessary, and may prevent the coating from shedding dirt/water as well.

93fox
05-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I think i heard Dr. G say in a video that opti coat can be topped with anything for a desired look. Maybe chris@optimum can chime and and confirm on this.

gmck
05-29-2011, 09:05 PM
OCW might not be necessary after a wash, but it will add slickness to the paint surface that isn't there after a standard Opti-Coat application. I've done many OC applications lately and all have been finished with Poli-Seal and then OCW for a superb finish.

I've had no reports of the above diminishing OC's ability to shed dirt/water etc. Most clients have rung back, but only to report how good the finish is and how easy the vehicle is to clean.

Try it, you might be surprised.

93fox
05-29-2011, 09:15 PM
OCW might not be necessary after a wash, but it will add slickness to the paint surface that isn't there after a standard Opti-Coat application. I've done many OC applications lately and all have been finished with Poli-Seal and then OCW for a superb finish.

I've had no reports of the above diminishing OC's ability to shed dirt/water etc. Most clients have rung back, but only to report how good the finish is and how easy the vehicle is to clean.

Try it, you might be surprised.

Sorry but whats OCW?

Elite Pro
05-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Optimum Car Wax

93fox
05-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Is it better to top it off with OCW or can i put other spray waxes such as aquawax?

Elite Pro
05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I haven't seen any issues using DG Aquawax on OC- I've used 'em both (OCW) - I've heard it's just good to stay in the same family of products

93fox
05-29-2011, 09:53 PM
I haven't seen any issues using DG Aquawax on OC- I've used 'em both (OCW) - I've heard it's just good to stay in the same family of products

Im sure it is, but i dont see how DG aquawax might have an impact on OC?

Elite Pro
05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
I don't either, It works, or at least for me....
I've put OCW on OC &
I've put DGAW on OC, both work great

Chris Thomas
05-29-2011, 11:45 PM
OC will not "fall off" with time. You have to remove it by compound or aggressive polish. You can use AIO or finishing polishes when it needs freshening up. OCW or any topper for that matter is not necessary. By not necessary, I mean that it will not make OC last longer or perform better or even look much different. Those who add a topper seem to be the wax guys who like the feel of a waxed finish.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

93fox
05-29-2011, 11:51 PM
OC will not "fall off" with time. You have to remove it by compound or aggressive polish. You can use AIO or finishing polishes when it needs freshening up. OCW or any topper for that matter is not necessary. By not necessary, I mean that it will not make OC last longer or perform better or even look much different. Those who add a topper seem to be the wax guys who like the feel of a waxed finish.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Got it! i am one of those guys who love the depth of wax. Thanks for the input Chris! opti-coat will sure go on my cart now!