PDA

View Full Version : UTTG vs Opti-bond

dougaross
05-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I know a lot of AGers like UTTG for tires and trim. For those who used both, what is their opinion of OB vs UTTG?

Rsurfer
05-29-2011, 08:51 AM
I know a lot of AGers like UTTG for tires and trim. For those who used both, what is their opinion of OB vs UTTG?
I like UTTG for trim and OOB for tires.

rwright
05-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Well Opti-bond is water based so when it rains it's going to wash off faster than UTTG. There's no sling off with either product and both dry pretty quick. You really can't compare the two because they are so different. Kind of like comparing durability between DG 105 and Meg's NXT.

pfix
05-29-2011, 10:49 AM

:iagree:

poweraid
05-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I like using oob on tires . I use 1:1 on truck off road tires , I dont like too shiney stuff. uttg is just to expensive to use on tires in my opinion but it may last longer ?

roguish-desires
05-29-2011, 11:03 AM

:dblthumb2:

Old Tiger
05-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I like UTTG because it protects the wheel too. I dont have to cut in with tire trim. The best look to me is the latest version of DP. For durability and multi uses UTTG is king IMO!

CEE DOG
05-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I switch back and forth. Sometimes I use UTTG on my tires but usually it's DP (white). Lately been using black onyx as well. I LOVE the OOB look. However the DP looks about the same to me and is dry to the touch. long story short to answer your question I agree UTTG Trim and OOB tires.

Well Opti-bond is water based so when it rains it's going to wash off faster than UTTG. There's no sling off with either product and both dry pretty quick.

I like UTTG because it protects the wheel too. I dont have to cut in with tire trim. The best look to me is the latest version of DP. For durability and multi uses UTTG is king IMO!