PDA

View Full Version : skin oil on arm pad

spitshine1
05-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Need some help.
I am working on a car that has quite a bit of skin oil transfered to the interior door on top of the door. Its the area that you hang out your arm when the window is down.
I have tried simple green diluited but thats it so far.
Any suggestions,
Thanks!

jsgntulok
05-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Try Megs APC and agitate with a small brush. Should work great. This combo removed artificial tanning chems from leather seats and the armrests.

Flash Gordon
05-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Need some help.
I am working on a car that has quite a bit of skin oil transfered to the interior door on top of the door. Its the area that you hang out your arm when the window is down.
I have tried simple green diluited but thats it so far.
Any suggestions,
Thanks!

Is there anything nastier then skin oil transfer. More then likely its on the steering wheel, console and gear shifter too

I use LA's Awesome and a Magic Eraser. Get a small bucket of water, a hand sized cotton wash towel, and your magic eraser. Drop them into your bucket of water. Wipe the area your going to work on with the wash cloth (water only) then get your magic eraser, wringe out most of the water and spray straight Awesome onto pad and start rubbing. You don't wanna rub real hard, just kinda glide it accross the surface untill you start seeing improvements. Then wipe with a clean dry towel and move to the next area

Let us know how it turns out

Flash

BTW...I hear Simple Green works good on clogged drains

spitshine1
05-28-2011, 05:54 PM
what is meg apc
Thanks

jsgntulok
05-28-2011, 05:56 PM
what is meg apc
Thanks

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner

spitshine1
05-28-2011, 05:57 PM
What is LA Awesome, never herd of it?

Flash Gordon
05-28-2011, 06:03 PM
What is LA Awesome, never herd of it?

Its one of those "As seen on T.V." products. Its avalible at most all Dollar Stores establishments. Yellow in colour

IID
05-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Optimum Power Clean

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Is it hard plastic, leather, vinyl, leatherette, alcantara...?

Dr Oldz
05-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Optimum Power Clean

:iagree: :dblthumb2: Great stuff. Strong and safe!