PDA

View Full Version : lexol

jamores23
05-28-2011, 11:45 AM
would lexol "the orange bottle" be considered the same thing as xmt leather cleaner? i would like to use it to clean leather with my steamer as kind of a lubricant to the surface. any thoughts?

Flash Gordon
05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
would lexol "the orange bottle" be considered the same thing as xmt leather cleaner? i would like to use it to clean leather with my steamer as kind of a lubricant to the surface. any thoughts?

I like their conditioner (Lexol) but their cleaner (Orange bottle) is worthless IMO

jamores23
05-28-2011, 01:19 PM
what would you prefer cornholio?

Silverstone
05-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I've used Lexol cleaner many times and it always lifted out the dirt.

I used to think the conditioner was crap because it didn't last. But last year I used it like the expensive ones where you rub it in liberally and then leave it for 20 minutes in a hot car before wiping off, and it worked GREAT. The directions say just to wipe on and wipe off but they're wrong IMO.

My drivers seat still looks amazing one year later, I guess from the constant butt and back buffing it gets because it's still glossy. The other seats look good too, but less so.

jamores23
05-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I use opt protect plus, would it be better to let it soak in for 15-20 min? i usually leave it on for 2-3 minutes while im working in the other areas. I use a tampico nail block brush to get it in the pores!

fredcandetail
05-29-2011, 06:50 AM
I also prefer to let it bake in the hot sun as it tends to absorb into the leather ... Just my two cents
But as to the glossy appearance that's not protection and furthermore is probably dirt that has been burnished onto the seat... Needs to be cleaned again partner