PDA

View Full Version : ONR Made a Believer Out of Me!

Pages : [1] 2

jaymz
05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
I've had a bottle of this stuff lying around since last fall, but never really gave it a shot. I hate washing my vehicles at home because I have hard water and usually have to wash in the sun. So, I get awful water spots, even when I rinse carefully and try to dry quickly. I use a leaf blower with a water wand attachment, but the water is still hard to blow off...it seems to cling to the surface, even though I use BFWD as a final step (makes the paint pretty smooth and slick).

So, used ONR as directed: one panel at a time, from the top down. What amazed me is that I still used my blower/wand attachment, but the water just RUSHED off the paint, leaving me very little wiping to do with a microfiber. And it sure fixed my hard water issues, leaving no streaks or spots. Wipedown was very painless.

I'm not sure I saved much time over the old hose-rinse method, but the results were sure worth it. I'll sure be using it in the future.

Jim

flamed03vert
05-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Just tryed ONR this past week myself. Only took me about an hour to clean a full size super crew F150, and it left a great shine.

Emm
05-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Yea it's great stuff, I do my truck with a rinseless wash 2 a week

Shawn T.
05-28-2011, 10:21 AM
It's my brand new go-to wash.

Cleans really well.

vet
05-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I used it this past winter, and likewise was impressed on how it worked. Will be trying it on door jams next.

james_death
05-28-2011, 10:57 AM
So many people buy this and it sits on a shelf for ages, folk always amazed at its results.

Its super fast for me...

rott3np3anut
05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
It's amazing stuff! I've been using it as my main car soap for about a year and a half now.

IID
05-28-2011, 04:15 PM
That's great to hear the ONR worked good for you.
Here are a couple of threads I started a while back:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/31897-12-washes-onr-heavy-pic-s.html?highlight=Washes

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/31913-12-washes-onr-sun-pic-s.html?highlight=Washes

ONR is indeed a great product.

MatthewM
05-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I got my ONR earlier this week. Didnt have enough time to wash a car. But, I did wash some door jambs with a spray bottle. Worked quite well. :)

Gillyratt
05-31-2011, 08:35 AM
I keep a spray bottle of ONR mixed at QD strength in the trunk of my car in case it gets hit with bird bombs. ONR is an excellent QD & clay bar lube.

BobbyG
05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
Being sort of old fashioned, probably due to my age, I resisted trying this stuff.

A good wash can only be accomplished with a nice soapy bucket of wash water and appropriate wash mitt so there was no way these products could live up to their claims; I must now admit I was WRONG! :eek:

Entering the winter season last November I bought a gallon of Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and could not believe how well it worked; I was shocked.

I tried both Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and Optimum No Rinse and both work incredibly well!

I am a believer!! :dblthumb2:

embolism
05-31-2011, 09:37 AM
so far I have only used my ONR for clay lube but I have tried wash and gloss for a regular wash with a hose (not ready to try it rinseless yet) and it does leave the paint glossy but I'm worried about the dirt/staining I get on my wash mitt that doesn't seem to release when I rinse in my second bucket.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that if I scrub my wash mitt against the grit guard, it's only staining that remains and I'm ok to keep using the mitt on the rest of the car...

lucky472
06-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Not to sound dumb, but how exactly is this stuff applied. I do a two bucket wash, and also just bought a spray wand from lowes that hooks to the end of a garden hose and it has a small container to add soap. It's not the best for increasing pressure, but it's not bad for $20. The back of my white gti is always dirty and I'm looking for the quickest easiest way to clean it in between weekly (or so) washes. Just a hose rinse isn't enough and I feel like if I use the micro fiber wash mit and two buckets I might as well do the entire car. Any suggestions?

dougaross
06-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Being sort of old fashioned, probably due to my age, I resisted trying this stuff.

A good wash can only be accomplished with a nice soapy bucket of wash water and appropriate wash mitt so there was no way these products could live up to their claims; I must now admit I was WRONG! :eek:

Entering the winter season last November I bought a gallon of Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and could not believe how well it worked; I was shocked.

I tried both Detailer’s Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Gloss and Optimum No Rinse and both work incredibly well!

I am a believer!! :dblthumb2:
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks

lucky472
06-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Not to sound dumb, but how exactly is this stuff applied. I do a two bucket wash, and also just bought a spray wand from lowes that hooks to the end of a garden hose and it has a small container to add soap. It's not the best for increasing pressure, but it's not bad for $20. The back of my white gti is always dirty and I'm looking for the quickest easiest way to clean it in between weekly (or so) washes. Just a hose rinse isn't enough and I feel like if I use the micro fiber wash mit and two buckets I might as well do the entire car. Any suggestions?

any help? I cant find anything