PDA

View Full Version : Fogging after using aquapel ?

cobraa
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
After applying aquapel to one of my customer last week-end, he told me he had fogging coming from the outside of the windshield.. Seriously, I have no clue how it's that possible, I must of applied over 100 aquapels and this is the first time I heard about this.
http://i51.tinypic.com/4kv5lv.jpg

Anyone know?

I did an interior on this car so I'm thinking maybe it's left-over humidity !?

jlb85
05-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Could be left over product from the interior wipe, or just stuff not wiped off the glass completely. I doubt it is the aquapel as it would leave more of a streak than a fog. Further, the day looks like it is very humid.

Does it go away with the defroster?

howejt
05-27-2011, 10:55 AM
The glass is cooler than the air temp. Moisture has condensed on the glass and the coating makes the water bead (or "fog") much more than usual. Nothing wrong here. Happens all the time in humid places, just like when you have a glass of ice water.

I'm guessing the car was parked outside overnight and your customer got in the car and started driving, then turned on the defroster (which is why the lowest part of the window is clear). Either that or the A/C is running with output directed at the windshield. Clean glass, and especially after putting something on the glass like RainX or Aquapel will make it much easier for water to form in tiny droplets.

XLNTShine
05-27-2011, 12:11 PM
The glass is cooler than the air temp. Moisture has condensed on the glass and the coating makes the water bead (or "fog") much more than usual. Nothing wrong here. Happens all the time in humid places, just like when you have a glass of ice water.

:iagree: