PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym HD application

flektone
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
After reading all the great reviews I was on happy with the application and removal of this product. Whats the trick? The red pad they give you kinda sucks. I dampen it but when i applied the wax after the 2nd or 3rd rub it would streak. Which then I have to put more product on thus making it harder to remove. It says to use very little for application. I switched to a meguiars foam applicator pad, didnt dampen it and it still gave me the same problem.

ScottB
05-26-2011, 08:52 PM
You want to use very, very little. I found it a bugger to remove too. Went back to my Pinnacle Pastes. It did look nice and seem rather durable.

James K
05-26-2011, 08:57 PM
It is not the easiest wax to remove, but it is one of my favorites. I found the best way is to use the applicator damp and apply as little as possible. I actually use my PC to apply it now and put some pinnacle pad conditioner on the pad prior to application.

jslym777
05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
definitely have to keep the pad moist when applying it and use very little at a time, nice thin layer. i usualy spray the pad with some quick detailer during application to keep it damp. i actually enjoy using that autoglym pad

jslym777
05-26-2011, 09:06 PM
oh yeah and make sure you dampen the pad and keep it in the air tight bag with as little air as possible when youre storing it

timaishu
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I just opened up my pot of AG and noticed it a little hard to apply as well. It said to go thin, so I got just a little on the damp applicator. I noticed though I wasnt getting good coverage. I had to put a decent amount of pressure on the foam to get a good coverage. Is this how its meant to be used?

Im used to my liquid wax's where you just glide the applicator with little pressure for coverage.

jslym777
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
its definitely not as spreadable as a liquid wax, takes some more time, but the results are definitely worth it. remember to let it set before buffing off too! thats an important step!

Stocktastic
05-26-2011, 09:20 PM
It's one of my favorites, even-though it sucks to use, haha.

timaishu
05-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I let it sit for about 15 minutes.

flektone
05-26-2011, 09:24 PM
yeah i noticed that pad harding up. So i dampened it even more and it still applied like crap. I would dab the pad once real quick and light into the wax and apply. I mean you cant get any less of product then that. I also didnt wait 10-15min. for it to dry. Id say about 5min. then wipe off. Ill admit I do like the look over SRP on my black lexus. Its a nice deep, dark look. Definitely alot better then my last waxing which was SRP topped with BFWD

maluminas
05-26-2011, 09:28 PM
I used it for the first time this week-end. I does require some arm strength to apply and buff off (my shoulder is a bit sore lol), and its a bit dusty, but so far i'm liking the results. I'll try fuzion this week and compare the two.

jslym777
05-26-2011, 09:30 PM
im thinking its comparable to fuzion and it looks amazing on white cars! i use it on any light colored cars