PDA

View Full Version : zaino ?

Pages : [1] 2

bk2nrml
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
has anybody ever used it ? thoughts, pro and con ?

thanks
thyno

FUNX650
05-26-2011, 04:26 PM
has anybody ever used it ? thoughts, pro and con ?

thanks
thyno

Some people swear that all of their products are best thing since peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were invented. LOL

I've never used anything in the Zaino line-up and don't ever forsee it. I've fewer years left on this earth than behind me, and I'm not going to spend my precious time prepping and then applying 10-25, or even more, layers of any product for bragging rights!

Give me a good carwash shampoo; a couple of WW drying towels; a good detail spray; several good MF towels; a good sealant or wax; a few wash mitts; several bottles of refreshments; listen to some "oldies but moldies" tunes; a well prepared meal; my thank you to the wife (if you know what I mean); and I've only used up a couple hours time (including the aforementioned thank you). :laughing:

Bob

AeroCleanse
05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I have some of their tire dressing, not impressed.

UK-Matt
05-26-2011, 05:12 PM
I've used Z2 and think its really good, especially when used with their zfx curer thingy, use there Z8 as well after a quick detailer at shows to give that extr last min pop and that gives pretty good results. I agree about their tyre (tire) dressing its just far too runny!

oldmodman
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
As of eight years ago I had every one of their products.
I am luck enough to live five blocks from their west coast distributor and got all their stuff from him.
Liked all of the products, but even after 10 coats of Z-something I still had visible swirls. But it sure was shiny. But kind of a plasticky shine. It didn't have any "life" to it.

I much prefer the look of a properly corrected finish topped with Fuzion.

HarryK
05-26-2011, 05:31 PM
I have used a few of the zaino products and they are good for the most part. The z2 and 5 are good but I like the wolfgang sealant as well or more. Their detailer is good and leaves a slick finish. I like mothers clay better than the Zaino clay. I do like their car wash as it is probably the best I have tried.
Harry

ScottB
05-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Sal keeps the product line up and offers some nice products. I can offer many competing lines and products but nothing wrong using Zaino if you choose. Z5Pro is a nice sealant and Z8 offers a great detail spray/booster product.

If you want something comparable look to Wolfgang Deep Gloss, Four Star UPP, or Menzerna Powerlock as nice sealants.

bk2nrml
05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
use those over the top of the zaino or their particular systems ?

Sal keeps the product line up and offers some nice products. I can offer many competing lines and products but nothing wrong using Zaino if you choose. Z5Pro is a nice sealant and Z8 offers a great detail spray/booster product.

If you want something comparable look to Wolfgang Deep Gloss, Four Star UPP, or Menzerna Powerlock as nice sealants.

TurboToys
05-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Bought their detail kit which had a grit guard bucket. The car wash soap. Z5and z2. Z10 leather creme and clay.. also bought their quick detailer.

The z5 (the black/dark swirl filler) sealant was nice enough. The very first time I used it. It looked great and then I had nothing but gripes afterwards during the next applicatio 2 months down the road when it seemed to no longer be on the paint. Every application after that seemed to be harder and harder. No matter how thin the layer of sealant put on, I left it to dry for an hour or 3 (when I got ridiculously frustrated) and it seemed like it never ever dried anymore... and was horribly difficult to remove.... also zaino sealants hold onto water spots and dust like crazy... both the z2 and z5 did the same.

The leather creme was ok. Except that I owned a batch of hawaiian islandgshine leather creme and oddly it was the same texture. Thickness. And even the same exact smell. Both products used side by side tape line produced the same results also... except the hawaiian shine one came twice as big for half as much (go figure)

The claybar I did like though. Felt like a medium clay and I still have a whole bar left. Picked up everything nice and left no real bad marring

The soap I hated though. It was slick but had no suds, if I am going to wash my car full on. I want suds to help lift dirt off the car, slickness is important too. but id prefer regular gold class to it.

The detailer was one of the best I had ever used. (Used optimum. Fk 425. Fk anti static. Meguairs ultimate. Onr. dp. Hi temp. Andsome others that I can't recall). But its hard to jutify the price for nearly half the product others offer... seems like zainos is super slick and only needs a tiny amount for an entire panel though

Overall... I would say their detailers and z8 are worth it... but stick to a different sealant. Ill stay with blackfire which I'm in love with right now

SPIROS ANTONIOU
05-27-2011, 01:47 AM
I have to tell and my opinion guys in zaino.I am not a pro .. iam a weekend warior. i made 10-12 cars with zaino z2 or z5 and iam very impresed.In my car i had 3 layers of zaino z5 and 2 of z2 and i had the most incredible sheeting i ever seen for 7-8 months .I Know time is the biggest thing because 5 layers take time.

Zaino grande finale awesome product..Now for the leather cream ,its the only think i dont like the smell because it reminds me a shoe shop.
I think its a great brand with some good products but everyone is different and choose the products that he like ..

Thank you

davidc
05-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I have been using Zaino products for at least 8 years now. Products used are ZCS, ZAIO. Z6, Z2,Z8 and Z7. I just washed the 32' fifth wheel last weekend with Z7 and the suds lasted at least 1 hour and the Z7 has UV protection and polish in the soap. So, in short I have been very pleased with Zaino and unless they go out of business I see no reason to change.

Dave

HoosierDaddy
09-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Really green noob here , Zainos was the first stuff I have tried that is beyond what wally world sells.

I used their Z-5 and Z-2 on the wifes dark red metallic Sentra and really liked the shine and depth compared to the regular Meguires I had been using. I bought and used several of their products , the Z-aio and Z-pc.
I don't think I'd run the pc on a machine , though I have never used one. (Just ordered a Griots 6" and a bunch of stuff from the geek yesterday !!)
Having applied all of their stuff by hand , I think that they didn't do a lot of "correction" , the swirl/ haze reappeared somewhat quickly , but they have been beading water like nobodys business for a few months now , with a lot of outdoor sun baking this summer. So I can't complian about the longevity of their products.
Compared to what I'm used to , shine-wise , I'll probably be shocked after I hit the car with the DA machine and some some high end sealants/waxes.

J Z06
09-05-2011, 08:22 AM
I have been a fan of Zaino for over 10 years. It's all that goes on my Z06. It's very durable and provides nice gloss. MIGHT be a little tricky to use. Less is more, with this line of product. My only gripe is it is not easily available(Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, etc).

ScottB
09-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Really green noob here , Zainos was the first stuff I have tried that is beyond what wally world sells.

I used their Z-5 and Z-2 on the wifes dark red metallic Sentra and really liked the shine and depth compared to the regular Meguires I had been using. I bought and used several of their products , the Z-aio and Z-pc.
I don't think I'd run the pc on a machine , though I have never used one. (Just ordered a Griots 6" and a bunch of stuff from the geek yesterday !!)
Having applied all of their stuff by hand , I think that they didn't do a lot of "correction" , the swirl/ haze reappeared somewhat quickly , but they have been beading water like nobodys business for a few months now , with a lot of outdoor sun baking this summer. So I can't complian about the longevity of their products.
Compared to what I'm used to , shine-wise , I'll probably be shocked after I hit the car with the DA machine and some some high end sealants/waxes.

while Zaino uses the word "show polish" on many of its bottles, it really has very little to no cleaners and polishes in them. Its a paint sealant (like Wolfgang or Rejex). Even Sal will suggest using his AIO or dedicated polish first to prep the surface. Its really about doing all the dedicated steps (wash, clay, polish, protect) versus simply one wax or sealant. Its a fine line, and many other also exist.

sal329
09-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Years ago when I had my stang all the forums (non detailing) would rant and rave so I bought all Zaino for the Mustang and used it for years. It is a good product but I have found others I like and have not touched Zaino in a long time