PDA

View Full Version : opti coat on headlights?

02nissanISR
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
seen a lot about this product and saw it could be used on plastic. was wondering if anyone has tried it on headlights and if so what kind of durability has been seen.

thanks for any input.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-26-2011, 12:40 PM
That's why I originally bought it. Works great. Can't comment on durability as my oldest application is only 3 days old.

CEE DOG
05-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I placed it on the passenger headlights of our daily driversl. Used the CQ on the drivers sides. Unfortunately or maybe I should say fortunately it will be a long time until I can answer your question.. It says permanent so I would think that means longer than you will have your car. I liked OC so much for headlights I'm putting it on the headlights of Sky as well.

02nissanISR
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Josh saw you mentioned it in your thread but didn't want to hijack you. seems to be one of the hottest topics in detailing finding a coating that lasts and easy to use for headlights.

Thanks cee dog I'm thinking anything that gets past 6 months to a year is worth a look maybe if enough people try it on the lights we can get a durability thread going strictly for headlight application though. :xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
05-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks Josh saw you mentioned it in your thread but didn't want to hijack you. seems to be one of the hottest topics in detailing finding a coating that lasts and easy to use for headlights.

Thanks cee dog I'm thinking anything that gets past 6 months to a year is worth a look maybe if enough people try it on the lights we can get a durability thread going strictly for headlight application though. :xyxthumbs:

I will be sure to post my findings after 6 months or a year but I assume it will easily last way beyond that.

Rei86
05-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I placed it on the passenger headlights of our daily driversl. Used the CQ on the drivers sides. Unfortunately or maybe I should say fortunately it will be a long time until I can answer your question.. It says permanent so I would think that means longer than you will have your car. I liked OC so much for headlights I'm putting it on the headlights of Sky as well.

Does OPT really advertise Opti-Coat 2.0 (consumer ver) permanent?